Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

How did Alex Collins die? Ravens and Seahawks running back dead at 28

2023-08-15 11:29
According to official reports, NFL star Alex Collins, 28, was killed in a motorcycle crash in Lauderdale Lakes, Florida
How did Alex Collins die? Ravens and Seahawks running back dead at 28

MIAMI, FLORIDA: Alex Collins, a former NFL running back has been killed in a motorcycle accident at the age of 28. Collins who played for the Seattle Seahawks and Baltimore Ravens between 2016 and 2021 was found dead following a motorcycle accident. The ex-NFL player's death was announced by his former team Baltimore Ravens. On Monday night, the Ravens and head coach John Harbaugh released statements on Collins’ death.

"Alex was a joy to be around and someone whose light shined brightly," Harbaugh said. "I'll always remember him for being a great teammate who had an uplifting spirit that impacted everyone he encountered. He was also a smart player who ran with unlimited determination, and he contributed to a lot of our success during his time in Baltimore. We send our heartfelt condolences and support to Alex's family. May he now rest in God's eternal peace."

"With heavy hearts, we mourn the passing of Alex Collins. Always quick to greet everyone with a smile, he was a genuinely kind person who carried a special joy and passion wherever he went. May Alex always be remembered for the light and love he brought to so many people in his life," the tribute post continued.

The Seahawks said they were "heartbroken."

How did Baltimore Ravens Running back Alex Collins die?

According to official reports, Alex Collins was killed in a motorcycle crash in Lauderdale Lakes, Florida. The officials from Broward County Sherriff's office revealed that the crash occurred on Sunday night at around 10:20 p.m. local time. The preliminary investigation revealed that the 28-year-old was driving his motorcycle when an SUV that was turning left struck him.

"The impact caused the motorcyclist to enter the rear passenger side window of the Chevrolet and come to a final rest inside the car," officials said. The collision also caused the Chevrolet to rotate clockwise before finally resting."

The Daily Mail reported Collins to be driving a 2004 Suzuki GSX-R600K, when a 2002 Chevrolet Suburban SUV crashed into his bike on Sunday night. The ex-NFL player was pronounced dead at the scene. "He passed away just days before what would have been his 29th birthday on August 26," added the outlet.

The SUV driver remained on the scene and cooperated with authorities, according to officials. The crash is still under investigation.

Russel Wilson and NFL pays tribute to Alex Collins

As soon as the news of Alex Collins' death broke out, tributes began pouring in. The NFL body paid a moving tribute to the 28-year-old in a tweet that read, "The NFL family mourns the loss of Alex Collins and we extend our deepest condolences to his family, teammates and loved ones."

Russell Wilson, who was Collins' teammate during his stint with Seattle Seahawks, paid tribute to his 'favorite teammate'. "To one of my favorite teammates. You brought joy to every huddle. Keep Dancin’ in Heaven. Love you AC. Forever missed."

Collins' agent, Kelli Masters, wrote on X: 'As many of you have now heard, Alex Collins passed away this morning. My heart is broken, and I am just at a loss. Alex you were so loved by so many. You impacted lives with your joy and positive, caring spirit…and that big smile. I was so honored to be your agent and so proud of how you persevered through every adversity. Through the highest of highs and lowest of lows, you inspired me to keep fighting no matter what. I will never forget you.'

Who was NFL star Alex Collins?

Alex Collins got his big break when he was drafted by Seahawks in the fifth round of the 2016 NFL Draft. By then the talent player had already been making waves as the standout running back in Arkansas. He played with Seattle for one season before making the big switch to Ravens.

He played two seasons in Baltimore before he was re-signed with Seattle. Collins had his best season in 2017 with the Ravens, gaining 1,160 yards from scrimmage with six touchdowns. Collins last played in the NFL in 2021. He was with the Memphis Showboats of the USFL this spring.