Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Emily Blunt stuns in elegant red midi dress as she hosts stuttering charity event in New York City

2023-06-13 16:28
Emily Blunt, who stuttered as a child, wore an elegant red midi dress with long sleeves, a matching belt, and a bow tie with a long tail
Emily Blunt stuns in elegant red midi dress as she hosts stuttering charity event in New York City

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: Emily Blunt made a stunning entrance on the red carpet for the 17th Annual American Institute for Stuttering Gala in New York City on Monday, June 12. The actress has a unique connection to the gala since she struggled with stuttering as a youngster.

The 40-year-old actress wore an elegant red midi dress with long sleeves, a matching belt, and a bow tie with a long tail. The actress from 'Quiet Place' parted her long blonde hair in the middle and let it fall over her shoulders. The mother-of-two had dimple-enhancing delicate pink blush and finely groomed black eyebrows, as reported by Daily Mail.

'I had a lot to say, but I just couldn't say it'

Regardless of their financial situation, those who stammer can get inexpensive speech therapy services from the American Institute for Stuttering. The celebrity opened up about her childhood struggles in a 2008 edition of W magazine, stating, "I was a smart kid and had a lot to say, but I just couldn't say it. It would just haunt me. I never thought I'd be able to sit and talk to someone like I'm talking to you right now."

'I couldn't imagine doing a job where you had to speak all the time'

Emily discussed her childhood stammer in a 2021 interview with You Magazine, detailing how it aided her career as an actor. She said, "Stutterers are some of the most courageous people because it's such a minefield every time you open your mouth. I really didn't want to be an actress. I had a deliberate resistance to it because I couldn't imagine doing a job where you had to speak all the time." Things changed for the better, though, when a high school instructor advised her to attempt acting in order to get over her speech impediment.

'It was the making of me'

She said, "I found that one of the ways I could speak normally back then was if I did a silly voice or an accent. It actually gave me a fluency I wasn't otherwise capable of. It was the making of me, in many ways."

The stunning actress has appeared in more than 40 movies, including 'Mary Poppins Returns', 'The Devil Wears Prada', 'The Girl on the Train', and 'Edge of Tomorrow'. Emily portrays Kitty Oppenheimer, a gifted scientist who assisted her physicist husband during the Manhattan Project of World War II in developing the first nuclear weapons, in her most recent film 'Oppenheimer'. Since 2010, Emily has been married to actor John Krasinski. Hazel, 9, and Violet, 7, are the two children of the happy couple.

Tags news