Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'She's everywhere!' Internet goes gaga as Taylor Swift's 'Sweet Nothing' bracelet adorns Brazilian poet's statue

2023-11-18 19:23
Brazilian fans are finding new ways to honor Taylor Swift
'She's everywhere!' Internet goes gaga as Taylor Swift's 'Sweet Nothing' bracelet adorns Brazilian poet's statue

RIO DE JANEIRO: Taylor Swift mania is spreading like wildfire in Brazil as the pop star has started her Eras Tour in Rio de Janeiro.

Brazilian Swifties are finding new ways to honor the 33-year-old singer. A fan account of Swift shared one such gesture in X.

A 'Sweet Nothing' friendship bracelet adorned the wrist of a statue of one of the greatest poets of Brazil, Carlos Drummond de Andrade's statue at the Copacabana beach in Rio de Janeiro.

This comes a day after she was honored by projecting the iconic Christ the Redeemer with a 'Welcome to Brasil' shirt inspired by her 'Junior Jewels' from the 'You Belong With Me' music video.

Swift has three shows at the Estadio Nilton Santos in Rio from November 17 to 19.

Brazilian Swifties continue honoring Taylor Swift

The international leg of the Eras Tour proved how famous Swift is worldwide. Her unique welcome at the Christ statue resulted from a mass fan campaign, which even donated thousands of food packages and water.

Addressing the crowd on the November 17 show, Swift said that she felt unworthy of the 'divine' welcome. "I just want to start off by saying that I feel completely unworthy of this honor but it is sort of the nicest thing anyone's ever done for me. And I say that because I heard that part of why this was able to happen is because so many of you donated food and water and that makes me so incredibly proud. I'm so proud of you," said the singer.

Andrade, who had a unique writing style, is a national cultural symbol in Brazil. The 'Sweet Nothing' friendship bracelet inspired by her 2022 song of the same name on the legendary poet's statue is indeed an honor to her work.

Exchanging friendship bracelets have been popular among Swifties since the Eras Tour in the US started. Fans exchange these bracelets while waiting for their beloved singer to take the stage. It is considered a souvenir of the concerts, symbolizing unity among fans.

Fans praise Taylor Swift

For the Brazilian Swifties, the 'Shake It Off' singer deserves all honor and praise. They see her for her talent, which transcends language and country.

One user said, "Even statues are Swifties now wut."

Another user said, "Sweet nothing but sweet everything."

"From one poet to another!" stated a third user.

A fourth user said, "I love how everything is Swiftiefied."

"she's everywhere," said a user.

Another user noted, "What a mind (Drummond, Taylor, and the person that chose this friendship bracelet)."

Another one stated, "@taylorswift13 irreplaceable."

Tags news