Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Beyonce speaks out on being named honorary mayor of Santa Clara, says 'Today, I am the mayor'

2023-09-01 05:20
'She has spent a great amount of time honing her craft, not just to create memorable anthems around the world,' said Beyonce's representative
Beyonce speaks out on being named honorary mayor of Santa Clara, says 'Today, I am the mayor'

SANTA CLARA, CALIFORNIA: Beyonce set fire to the stage as she performed in Santa Clara on Wednesday, August 30.

The ‘Beautiful Liar’ singer is currently on her Renaissance tour, which started back in May this year.

The 41-year-old, while performing, took a moment and addressed the crowd.

"I'm so excited. I'm so happy to be on stage. Y'alls faces are so beautiful. You know today's special because today...I am the mayor," she said.

She continued, "This is my gratitude tour. I don't take any of this for granted. I know after 25 years I'm still able to do what I love, and it's because of your loyalty and because of your prayers. I'm so grateful for y'all."

What did her representative say on being given the mayor title?

The singer-songwriter celebrated her day and shared multiple images on Instagram from the event.

Beyonce donned a beautiful sequined headscarf and a strapless black mini dress with a sweetheart neckline topped by shining black platform boots, according to People.

Beyonce's publicist Dr Yvette Noel-Shure was present to accept the ceremonial declaration on her behalf on Tuesday, August 29.

She was there at a city council meeting where they voted to hand the title over for a day from Mayor Lisa Gillmor to the superstar.

“Immense gratitude on behalf of Ms. Carter,” Dr Noel-Schure said. Adding, “To all who made the decision to honor her here in Santa Clara and in the state of California. I have worked with Beyonce now for close to 27 years, and it gives me great joy to see her still being recognized for her contribution to the arts and to society at large.”

Noel-Schure concluded, “She has spent a great amount of time honing her craft, not just to create memorable anthems around the world, but also mantras to boost confidence to get the strength to get up in the morning."

What are Beyonce's accompalishments?

“The city of Santa Clara is excited about Beyonce’s upcoming visit to the world-renowned Levi’s Stadium,” Santa Clara spokesperson Michelle Templeton told The Mercury News.

“Her concerts will certainly bring a great deal of energy and excitement,” she added.

The proclamation lists Beyonce’s many achievements during her highly successful career.

She went on to sell more than 200 million records worldwide, making her one of the best-selling artists of all time.

The singer has won over 32 Grammy Awards which is a world record. Her other listed accolades include 26 MTV Video Music Awards, 24 NAACP Image Awards, 35 BET Awards, and 17 Soul Train Music Awards.