Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Why did Chris Evans deactivate his Twitter? 'Captain America' star follows Taron Egerton in taking social media summer break

2023-06-30 15:58
Chris Evans tweeted he was treating himself to a 'summer with less screen time' by deactivating both his Twitter and Instagram accounts
Why did Chris Evans deactivate his Twitter? 'Captain America' star follows Taron Egerton in taking social media summer break

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Chris Evans is up for a social media detox this summer. Following the footsteps of the ‘Kingsman’ star Taron Egerton, the Marvel superstar is taking a break from his Twitter and Instagram accounts. While the news is pretty depressing to Evans' fans, they can at least rejoice at the fact that the ‘Captain America’ actor has promised to come back online after the summer.

Evans followed Egerton to announce his hiatus through his Instagram story. Sharing a screenshot of Egerton’s post, 42-year-old Evans wrote in his Instagram stories, “Count me in. Gonna take a little break everyone.” He deactivated his Instagram account shortly after that.

The 33-year-old Egerton took to his Instagram to post the reason for an Instagram break on Thursday. He wrote, “I'm going to take a break from social media for awhile. I’m not sure why I’m making a big declaration about it.” While he admitted he didn’t know why he was making a declaration, he said it was to break the cycle of addiction, “I just think it’s hard to break away from a cycle that I’ve grown to find a bit addictive and this is me making a commitment to myself.”

Egerton further said, “I’ve gotten myself into a place where I spend too much time scrolling and I actually feel like my ability to sit and be present and read books and watch movies and even seek out the company of people I love is eroding as a result,” before adding, “I feel a bit removed from myself. And with regards to work, I know I am capable of more and IG [Instagram] is one of several impediments to getting me there.” He concluded the post by wishing everyone good luck for the rest of the year.

The ‘Knives Out’ star also made a similar announcement on his Twitter account on Thursday, June 29 where he wrote, “Hey everyone, I’m treating myself to a summer with less screen time so I’m taking a little break from Twitter and IG. See you soon! Much love!” Evans deactivated his Twitter account soon after the announcement.

'I had too many good pictures of my dog'

This is not the first time, however, Evans has surprised his fans with his sudden decisions. Like his sudden decision to take a hiatus from social media, he joined the photo-sharing site on a similar whim. The reason for his joining Instagram was even more adorable. The ‘Before We Go’ star joined Instagram on May 1, 2020 during the peak of the Covid-19 pandemic.

Later, in an interview with Jimmy Fallon, he revealed the cause of his joining the site, “Yeah, I don’t know what it was. I don’t know. I guess I caved. I feel like such an old man. I’m so late to the party. You know what it is? I had too many good pictures of my dog. I was like these are being wasted on my phone. I gotta put these somewhere.” Indeed, he kept his promise too, as Evans mostly posted wholesome content of his pet dog, Dodger. He also presented his fans with heartwarming photos of his family. ‘The Gray Man’ star mainly used his Twitter account to share his political opinions and some hilarious self-mocking memes. However, he used his Twitter to share pictures of his best friend Dodger too.

'Engagement news about to drop'

Chris Evans' exit from social media for the summer elicited a plethora of interesting reactions from the fans. One fan professed their heartbreak by posting an animated clip, writing, "Me opening twitter and instagram and finding out chris evans has deactivated all his accounts." Another one was sad at the incident, but seemed to understand aas they said, "It made me sad though but he said he'll be back soon so let's hope for the best, he needs to do what makes him happy after all." Another one tried to postulate the reason by saying, "This is sad. I can't help but think it's because of his 'so-called' fans saying horrible things about his girlfriend and calling her awful names. Some of them are downright evil! I hope they are happy now."

Another fan of Evans applauded the move by saying, "The way he promotes self care and awareness of your own mental health are but a few of my favorite things about him." Someone else started hypothesizing, "Engagement news about to drop." Another fan cheekily said that they are waiting for a good news, saying, "He deserve it …. But in the same time I’m thinking about a mini Chris.

Tags news