Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Joe Rogan once accused CNN of tampering with his video: 'Stop this editorial perspective'

2023-06-18 13:53
Joe Rogan criticized CNN and its broadcasting style after the news channel allegedly accused him of spreading rumors about Covid-19
Joe Rogan once accused CNN of tampering with his video: 'Stop this editorial perspective'

AUSTIN, TEXAS: Joe Rogan has been a highly divisive character due to his stance on sensitive issues that he often presents in his popular podcast, 'The Joe Rogan Experience'. He has always been known to push his audience to avoid traditional media networks and once even accused CNN of tampering with his video.

According to the UFC commentator, such outlets disseminate news aligning with its financial interests. Needless to say, the statements were not well received, especially because CNN made him the centerpiece of their Covid-19 coverage, as well as how Rogan's stance on mass vaccination could be spreading disinformation.

'Yellow Journalism'

During one of his podcast episodes, Rogan apparently stated that he was opposed to the idea of young and healthy people receiving the vaccine. Not only that, but he also advocated Ivermectin, which was marketed as a horse dewormer. As a result, CNN presented a video in which Rogan discussed his Covid diagnosis to make their case about him disseminating falsehoods. He shared that he was Covid positive on September 1, 2020, by posting a video on Instagram. Reportedly, while his natural skin tone was evident in the original Instagram video, his complexion appeared discolored and grey in the video used by CNN in their news, giving the appearance that he was physically ill.

Rogan noticed the difference in color grading and shared it with his large Instagram followers. Without clarifying much Rogan just wrote, "Yellow Journalism," in the caption along with the hashtag "#fakenews." So, it was clear that the controversial figure was accusing the news organization of tampering with his video.

'Stop this editorial perspective'

Rogan stated in 2022 that the public had finally lost trust in CNN. He slammed the massive news channel by questioning its honesty and attacking its broadcasting style. The podcaster also revealed that he used to be a regular CNN viewer before leaving due to the organization's betrayal. "Stop this editorial perspective with guys like Brian Stelter and Don Lemon that nobody listens to… Nobody is, like, chiming in saying, ‘Oh yeah, finally we get the voice of reason.’ Nobody thinks that…," Rogan told the New York Post.

He added, "If you’re in business and your business is the news and you want to get more people to pay attention, you should be honest… And my thoughts for CNN, my advice to them: I don’t hate CNN. I used to go to them every day for the news until they start f**king hating’ on me… If you want to do better, just f**king change your model, change the way you do it."