Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Andrew Tate vs True Geordie: Here's what we know about 'Cobra' and the YouTuber's digital feud

2023-07-02 14:22
Andrew Tate said, 'True Geordie is a very offensive individual who is also overweight, rude, a d***head and unlikeable'
Andrew Tate vs True Geordie: Here's what we know about 'Cobra' and the YouTuber's digital feud

BUCHAREST, ROMANIA: The backstory of Andrew Tate's dispute with YouTuber True Geordie has been revealed to his fans, who have learned that it has a longer history than previously thought. Most YouTube stars, such as KSI, Jake Paul, Logan Paul, and True Geordie, have appeared to be at odds with the contentious internet.

Many of them have criticized 'Top G' for his sexist opinions and have wanted to settle their dispute in a boxing ring. Although the former kickboxing champion has consistently accepted these challenges, no actual fights have taken place.

Islamophobic comments

When a viewer asked True Geordie whether he would fight Andrew Tate during a live stream, the YouTuber and his co-host responded that Tate would win because "god is on his side" as a result of his conversion to Islam. After recommending that Andrew "blow himself up" to demonstrate how devoted he is to Islam, True Geordie continued to make light of the idea and came under fire from viewers.

The use of harmful stereotypes by True Geordie has been criticized by fans. One observer commented, “It is utterly ludicrous, especially for someone with a platform as wide as his, to be Islamophobic and to perpetuate negative stereotypes on a public forum and joke about it. Anyone making comments like these ought to be speaking for the scene.”

Andrew Tate calls Geordie ‘stupid’

When the YouTuber retaliated, Andrew Tate said that True Geordie needed to know "when to shut the f**k up." Tate stated in a statement, "True Geordie is one of the few individuals I really despise. He is a very offensive individual who is also overweight, rude, a d***head, and unlikeable. He is foolish and not very smart."

“Now after me converting to Islam, he made a piece on one of his podcasts saying I’m not true in my conversion and then insulted all Muslims. Making f**king racist comments about an entire religion as if that’s somehow funny. Let me tell you something my friend, and True Geordie if you are watching this, this is a message directly to you. There are certain times in life when you need to know when to shut the f**k up,” Tate said.

Geordie’s apology

Since then, True Geordie has issued an apology for his remarks towards Andrew Tate. The podcast presenter added an "I'm Sorry" YouTube video to his channel.

“I made a joke in questioning that ‘newfound faith’ of his, that conveniently comes at a time when he needs as many supporters as he can get. It was a stupid joke,” Geordie said in the video.

He further added, “When I say that out loud, when I’m aware of it, f**king horrendous. It was one of those off-the-cuff remarks I made with a total lack of thought, and I used an unrealistic stereotype to take aim at someone who seriously dislikes me. Obviously, I don’t believe that’s what Muslims actually do. It was a very stupid thing to say. It was an idiotic joke – one I’m sorry.”

The aftermath

Gymshark has subsequently stopped carrying True Geordie as a result of his remarks. The gym company made a statement on social media saying, “We do not condone racism, discrimination, or Islamophobia in any form. We do not agree with the comments made by Brian, aka True Geordie, and have suspended our relationship with him indefinitely, effective immediately.”