Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Why is Usher being called a 'domestic terrorist'? Singer calls Internet 'crazy' as he responds to new nickname

2023-08-08 15:24
Usher said, 'Everybody's vision or a version of what they felt happened there just leads you back to just really having a good time in Las Vegas'
Why is Usher being called a 'domestic terrorist'? Singer calls Internet 'crazy' as he responds to new nickname

LAS VEGAS, US: Usher has playfully shared that his devoted fans have affectionately dubbed him the "Domestic Terrorist" due to a playful incident that unfolded during one of his concerts. The light-hearted moniker stemmed from a viral video capturing Usher's charming serenade of Keke Palmer, a moment that appeared to ruffle the feathers of Palmer's boyfriend, Darius Daulton Jackson.

Back in July, Usher's performance took an unexpected turn of events when he serenaded Keke Palmer during one of his Las Vegas shows. This impromptu act garnered significant attention from the media, largely due to the noteworthy reaction it elicited from Palmer's boyfriend, Darius Daulton Jackson.

Usher says everyone had a different version/vision

Reflecting on the power and influence of the digital realm, the singer candidly shared with People, "The internet is crazy. You can't beat the internet." In his perspective on the incident, Usher conveyed, "I think everybody's vision or a version of what they felt happened there just leads you back to just really having a good time in Las Vegas."

With a positive outlook, he added, "And that's what I hope came out of it. Rather, it was a conversation of what was going on with us having fun in front of the audience or conversation about that song." Jackson made his sentiments public on Twitter, which recently underwent a rebranding to X, by sharing a now-deleted tweet that contained a playful jab at Palmer: "It's the outfit tho.. you a mom."

‘I don't see anything negative happening in Las Vegas’

He wrote, in a second tweet elaborating on his stance, "We live in a generation where a man of the family doesn’t want the wife & mother of his kids to showcase booty cheeks to please others & he gets told how much of a hater he is. This is my family & my representation. I have standards & morals to what I believe. I rest my case."

While the status of their relationship remains uncertain, it's worth noting that they became parents to a son in February. Usher frequently incorporates a segment into his concerts where he serenades a fortunate fan, and he characterized the episode with Keke Palmer as "a pop moment," as reported by People.

Considering the impact of these interactions, Usher elaborated, "Every night I'm thinking about how the world now is going to react to this moment that I'll have with whoever I'm choosing to sing to." He continued, "But it was a pop moment, and it was fun to have at least a conversation going and we just kept it light. I don't see anything negative happening in Las Vegas."

Tags news