Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Tom Cruise aims to produce 'Mission: Impossible' movies until he reaches 80 like Harrison Ford

2023-07-06 04:53
'Harrison Ford is a legend; I hope to be still going. I’ve got 20 years to catch up with him,' said Tom Cruise
Tom Cruise aims to produce 'Mission: Impossible' movies until he reaches 80 like Harrison Ford

SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA: Tom Cruise, who just turned 61 this week, has no plans to slow down his action-packed career. The actor, who attended the Sydney premiere of his latest film 'Mission: Impossible — Dead Reckoning Part One', revealed that he aspires to follow in the footsteps of Harrison Ford.

Ford, who is about to celebrate his 81st birthday, recently released his final 'Indiana Jones' film which is now playing in theaters worldwide. Cruise told the Sydney Morning Herald that he admires Ford's longevity and hopes to emulate it.

Also Read: Drena De Niro: Robert De Niro's daughter says her son Leandro De Niro Rodriguez died from overdose of fentanyl-laced cocaine

'Harrison Ford is a legend'

"Harrison Ford is a legend; I hope to be still going. I’ve got 20 years to catch up with him," Cruise said before adding "I hope to keep making ‘Mission: Impossible’ films until I’m his age." Ford, who said he is done with the 'Indiana Jones' franchise, also expressed his love for working and acting in a recent interview with CNN for its 'Who's Talking To Chris Wallace' podcast. "I don’t, I don’t — I don’t do well when I don’t have work,'' Ford confessed. "I just love to work." He added that working makes him 'feel useful.''It’s my Jones, I want — I want to be helpful," he said.

'I grew up seeing movies on the big screen'

However, Ford's 'Indiana Jones And The Dial Of Destiny' has not been doing well at the box office, despite its massive $295 million budget. Cruise also shared his enthusiasm for some of the other big films of the summer, including Christopher Nolan's 'Oppenheimer', about the creator of the atomic bomb, and Greta Gerwig's 'Barbie', starring Margot Robbie and Ryan Gosling. He also posted photos of himself holding tickets to both films on social media, though he admitted he hadn't seen them yet. "I grew up seeing movies on the big screen," he explained.

Also Read: Who is Senada Greca? Meet the woman behind Kim Kardashian's amazing figure as workout video goes viral

'I like that experience; it’s immersive'

"That’s how I make them, and I like that experience; it’s immersive, and to have that as a community and an industry, it’s important. I still go to the movies." said Cruise before adding, "I want to see both 'Barbie' and 'Oppenheimer'. I’ll see them opening weekend. Friday I’ll see 'Oppenheimer' first and then 'Barbie' on Saturday."

Also Read: Who is Yuri Shefler? The lurid life of Stoli vodka czar who sparked bitter war between Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie

Robbie and Gerwig also reportedly showed their support for the other summer blockbusters by posting photos of themselves with tickets for 'Mission: Impossible 7', 'Indiana Jones And The Dial Of Destiny', and 'Oppenheimer'.

More from MEAWW

From Snoop Dogg's bathroom break to Willie Nelson's rooftop reefer, drugs at the White House is nothing new

Tori Spelling plans to get husband Dean Mcdermott back as he demands divorce, tells friends split is 'temporary'

Tags news epcelebs