Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Does Dixie D'Amelio have premenstrual dysphoric disorder? Here's what we know

2023-06-11 15:28
'I wasn't feeling great and not really sure why,' Dixie D'Amelio said
Does Dixie D'Amelio have premenstrual dysphoric disorder? Here's what we know

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: The impact of premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD) on women's lives is often overlooked, but TikTok star Dixie D'Amelio is helping to change this by sharing her own experience. The 21-year-old singer was diagnosed with PMDD, a condition that can seriously affect women's mental health during their menstrual cycle. With her revealing admission, D'Amelio is raising awareness of PMDD and highlighting the negative impact it can have on relationships and daily life.

For years, D'Amelio had been struggling with severe irritability, depression, and anxiety that she found difficult to explain. However, with her recent diagnosis of PMDD, D'Amelio finally has a clearer understanding of her symptoms.

'I have never been so low'

The US Office on Women's Health describes PMDD as a chronic medical condition that can cause extreme mood shifts, insomnia, and other debilitating symptoms. D'Amelio's experience demonstrates the importance of seeking professional help and understanding the condition to manage its impact.

While premenstrual syndrome (PMS) is a common experience for many women, PMDD is a more severe form of this condition that requires specialized treatment. Women with PMDD may experience emotional and physical symptoms that can make it difficult to function normally in their daily lives. D'Amelio's courage in speaking out about her PMDD diagnosis can help to reduce the stigma around the condition and encourage other women to seek help and support.

During an Instagram Live, D’Amelio discussed her health and the reason for her brief social media hiatus. "I wasn't feeling great and not really sure why," she began. "I recently got diagnosed with this thing called PMDD, which is premenstrual dysphoric disorder." "It really affects your moods and your behavior and many different parts of your life," D'Amelio continued. "I feel like I didn't realize how much it was affecting me until I got to this point I was in last week." She said that for two weeks each month the condition "really disrupts" her life, impacting her attitude, personality, relationships, and anxiety.

"I have never been so low … and having no idea what was wrong with me was very alarming," she explained. "I just felt like I had no control over my body or mind and I had no idea what was wrong but it would turn on and off like a light switch." "That was very confusing to me because how can I go one day feeling fine and then the next day not wanting to be here anymore?" D'Amelio continued, admitting that she was struggling with suicidal thoughts.

What is premenstrual dysphoric disorder?

A mood disorder, PMDD is a mental disorder characterized by PMS (premenstrual syndrome) symptoms that make life difficult.

Here are the symptoms:

1) Mood swings

2) Irritability

3) Hopelessness

4) Anxiety

5) Problems concentrating

6) Changes in appetite

7) Difficulty sleeping

8) Bloating

9) Insomnia

10) Food cravings

The symptoms will usually occur in the 7-10 days prior to the start of a woman’s period.

Tags news