Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Ryan Seacrest to host 'Wheel of Fortune', says he's humbled to 'step into the footsteps of the legendary' Pat Sajak

2023-06-28 04:45
'Pat [Sajak], I love the way you've always celebrated the contestants and made viewers at home feel at ease,' said Ryan Seacrest
Ryan Seacrest to host 'Wheel of Fortune', says he's humbled to 'step into the footsteps of the legendary' Pat Sajak

CULVER CITY, CALIFORNIA: Ryan Seacrest will be replacing Pat Sajak as host of 'Wheel of Fortune'. On Tuesday, June 27, Seacrest made an announcement confirming that he is set to start his new role in the show from Season 42 and also shared that letter-turner Vanna White will be staying on the show as his cohort.

"I'm truly humbled to be stepping into the footsteps of the legendary Pat Sajak," read the 'American Idol' host's statement. "I can say, along with the rest of America, that it's been a privilege and pure joy to watch Pat and Vanna on our television screens for an unprecedented 40 years, making us smile every night and feel right at home with them," he added.

Seacrest says he loved how Sajak made viewers at home feel at ease

Seacrest's note continued to address Sajak who recently announced his retirement from the game show after the 41st season. "Pat, I love the way you've always celebrated the contestants and made viewers at home feel at ease. I look forward to learning everything I can from you during this transition," he wrote.

Talking about his previous experience as a game show host, Seacrest wrote, "Many people probably don't know this but one of my first jobs was hosting a little game show called Click for Merv Griffin 25 years ago so this is truly a full circle moment for me," and added, "and I'm grateful to Sony for the opportunity."

"I can't wait to continue the tradition of spinning the wheel and working alongside the great Vanna White," Seacrest concluded his note.

Sajak will continue to be a consultant for the game show

Seacrest will officially start hosting the show from the beginning of 2024 and will also work as the show's consulting producer. On June 12, Sajak announced his retirement from the show after the conclusion of season 41 and will continue to work as the game show's consultant for three years. Season 41 premieres in September, according to ET Online.

Announcing Ryan taking over as a host of the show, Ravi Ahuja, Chairman of Global Television Studios at Sony Pictures stated, "We are ecstatic to have Ryan as the next host of 'Wheel of Fortune'. Ryan loves Wheel as much as we do and is the perfect person to continue the show’s four-decade success into the future."

"I’ve had the pleasure of working with Pat and Vanna for many years, witnessing their effortless ability to bring joy and humor to Wheel of Fortune for decades! Pat has been an incredible host and helped build the show into the success it is today," read a statement by Suzanne Prete, Executive VP of Game Shows at Sony Pictures Television.

Following his exit from the game show, Sajak recently revealed that he is set to become the chairman of Hillsdale College in Michigan. He has served as vice president on the conservative college's board since 2003.

"While Ryan has some big shoes to fill, I’m confident he will connect with our loyal fanbase and excite a whole new audience as we expand upon the show’s great legacy. I couldn’t be more thrilled," Pete ended the statement.