Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Jennifer Aniston accused of trying to cancel Jamie Foxx amid antisemitism accusations, fans call her 'fake friend'

2023-08-06 14:21
Jennifer Aniston took to Instagram to deny any claims that she might have been endorsing or supporting any messages associated with Jamie Foxx's deleted post
Jennifer Aniston accused of trying to cancel Jamie Foxx amid antisemitism accusations, fans call her 'fake friend'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: The recent media spotlight has turned to Hollywood icons Jennifer Aniston and Jamie Foxx when an alleged controversial post made waves on Instagram. On Friday, August 4, 2023, Foxx took to his Instagram to share a cryptic message that left fans puzzled and sparked a heated debate online. Foxx wrote, "They killed this dude name Jesus… what do you think they’ll do to you?" #fakefriends #fakelove." The post struck a chord with many, including Aniston, who "liked" the enigmatic message. Foxx also posted a story from another user who shared his original post and wrote, "Judas showed his self!!! [Jamie Foxx] know them for what they are."

The Times of Israel highlighted that despite the actor's intention to expose fake friends, the now-deleted post seemed to inadvertently echo antisemitic tropes. The outlet also pointed out that the long-standing antisemitic notion of holding Jews collectively responsible for the death of Jesus has been a historical source of antisemitism. Although it remains uncertain which friends Foxx referred to in his post, the message sparked concerns among some social media users who interpreted it as potentially having antisemitic undertones. Aniston, who liked the post, also faced criticism for her action.

' I do NOT support any form of antisemitism'

However, Aniston is now clearing the air. She took to her own Instagram Story to deny any claims that she might have been endorsing or supporting any messages associated with Jamie Foxx's deleted post. "This really makes me sick," her statement began. "I did not ‘like’ this post on purpose or by accident. And more importantly, I want to be clear to my friends and anyone hurt by this showing up in their feeds – I do NOT support any form of antisemitism. I truly don’t tolerate HATE of any kind. Period."

'I was betrayed by a fake friend'

Following the backlash, Foxx shared another post apologizing for the controversy. He claimed that the original post was not intended to be antisemitic in any way. Instead, he clarified that it was solely about addressing the actions of a "fake friend" who had wronged him. He wrote, "I want to apologize to the Jewish community and everyone who was offended by my post. I now know my choice of words have caused offense and I'm sorry. That was never my intent. To clarify, I was betrayed by a fake friend and that's what I meant with 'they' not anything more. I only have love in my heart for everyone. love and support the Jewish community. My deepest apologies to anyone who was offended. Nothing but love always."

'Jennifer Aniston is a clown for that'

Now, netizens believe that the fake friend Foxx was referring to was, in fact, Aniston. One person posted a picture of the 'Horrible Bosses' co-stars together, writing, "This is the fake friend that Jamie Foxx was talking about."

Several social media users agreed with the tweet, with one commenting, "Y’all need to understand that there are no friends in the entertainment industry when you get to the level Jamie’s at. She tried to end this man’s career without a second thought. And she isn’t sorry trust me." Another wrote, "Jennifer Anniston is a clown for that. Nothing he said was antisemitic. Jamie Foxx needs to stay away from this one. Man survived near death to deal with this."

"Yup. Used Jamie's situation to try to stay relevant. [F**k] her," wrote a third, while a fourth agreed and wrote, "She inserted herself and other people in something that had nothing to with her and twisted it into something it wasn’t. I’m sure she also uses the word woke the way THEY have twisted it too!" Another user called Aniston, "Fake RACIST FRIEND."

Tags news epcelebs