Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Who is Jessica Banks? MIT engineer and robotics prodigy joins Netflix's 'Hack My Home' as co-host

2023-07-07 13:29
MIT engineer and robotics expert Jessica Banks becomes a co-host on Netflix's 'Hack My Home', bringing her innovative expertise to the show
Who is Jessica Banks? MIT engineer and robotics prodigy joins Netflix's 'Hack My Home' as co-host

LOS GATOS, CALIFORNIA: Netflix has added a new reality series called 'Hack My Home' to its collection of home renovation shows. This show features four experts who are skilled in different areas. One of these experts is Jessica Banks, an engineer who plans out all the details. Together, these four experts assist families who need more room in their houses but don't want to move or spend lots of money on lengthy renovations. On 'Hack My Home', the hosts work together to make the most of the available space and transform cluttered homes into dream houses.

Now, let's learn more about Jessica, one of the co-hosts of 'Hack My Home'. Jessica is an MIT engineer who specializes in creating furniture that moves. She brings her expertise to the show, helping families find innovative solutions to maximize their space and create functional and beautiful homes.

Who is Jessica Banks?

Jessica, one of the hosts of 'Hack My Home', is a clever person who loves inventing things and creating robots. She studied Engineering/Robotics at MIT and Physics at the University of Michigan. With her knowledge and creativity, she started a company called RockPaperRobot (RPR). RPR makes furniture that can move and change shape, unlike regular furniture. In addition to making furniture, Jessica also gives advice to advertising agencies, companies, and designers on strategy and technology. Jessica strongly believes in having more women in STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics). She speaks at many conferences about different topics like science, starting businesses, and manufacturing. Her work has been featured in more than 200 media outlets, which means lots of people have noticed and appreciated what she does. “Watch this robotics engineer turned inventor solve seemingly impossible space (think stairs, not stars) problems in ingenious ways,” she shares in the official trailer. “I am excited to empower you with technology and charge your brain with curiosity!”

Jessica Banks makes kinetic furniture

The fields of physics, engineering, and entrepreneurship have been responsible for some incredible technological advancements. Throughout history, we have witnessed the creation of amazing inventions like the light bulb, airplane, and smartwatch, which fill us with awe and fascination. Jessica Banks is one such innovator who has made significant contributions in this realm. She is the driving force behind RockPaperRobot (RPR), a company that specializes in furniture that can change its shape and connect with other devices. The products are meticulously designed by a team of skilled craftsmen and engineers. Jessica's work celebrates the marvels of physics, and her inventive spirit draws inspiration from nature. She crafts pieces that not only serve as objects but also provide unique experiences. Her aim is to transform traditional static furniture into dynamic platforms that embrace enhanced functionality, applied technology, and personal style. Through her work, Jessica reimagines the possibilities of what furniture can be and explores the intersection of design, innovation, and individuality.