Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Bud Light responds to Dylan Mulvaney's allegations against company as trolls rip into trans influencer: 'Stop acting victim'

2023-06-30 19:48
Blasting the beer brand, Dylan accused them of not standing by her amid the fallout of the disastrous Bud Light campaign
Bud Light responds to Dylan Mulvaney's allegations against company as trolls rip into trans influencer: 'Stop acting victim'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Bud Light recently broke its silence over Dylan Mulvaney's accusations that the embattled beer brand had abandoned her after their infamous partnership. The 26-year-old trans influencer took to her Instagram on Thursday, June 29, to speak out against the backlash she had been receiving since she became an ambassador for Bud Light.

In the four-minute video, Mulvaney explained how being "ridiculed in public" after the partnership’s controversy has impacted her mental health and overall well-being. "It gives customers permission to be as transphobic and as hateful as they want. There should be nothing controversial or divisive about working with us. I have been ridiculed in public, I've been followed and I have felt a loneliness that I wouldn't wish on anyone," the social media star said. Mulvaney then said trans and queer people are "customers too," before adding that "turning a blind eye" isn't an option. “For a company to hire a trans person and then to not publicly stand by them is worse, in my opinion, than not hiring a trans person at all,” she fumed.

‘I've been scared to leave my house’

Mulvaney claimed she brought up the issue because “what transpired from that video was more bullying and transphobia than I could have ever imagined.” She added, “I should’ve made this video months ago but I didn’t. I was scared of more backlash, and I felt personally guilty for what transpired.” Additionally, Mulvaney stated that Bud Light had contacted her for the sponsored video, a claim that the beer brand vehemently refuted by stating it had been done on their behalf by an outside agency. Blasting the company, she then accused them of not standing by her amid the fallout of their disastrous campaign.

"For months now, I was waiting for the brand to reach out to me, but they never did. I've been scared to leave my house. I’ve been ridiculed in public. I’ve been followed, and I have felt a loneliness that I wouldn’t wish on anyone. And I’m not telling you this because I want your pity, I’m telling you this because if this is my experience from a very privileged perspective, know that it is much, much worse for other trans people,” she claimed. Mulvaney shared the video as Pride Month concludes and noted how she has worked with other companies that support and care for the LGBTQ community.

‘Dylan, please stop it’

Following Mulvaney’s claims, Anheuser Busch issued a statement where they didn't address her by name but stressed that they "remain committed to the programs and partnerships we have forged over decades with organizations across a number of communities, including those in the LGBTQ+ community." The spokesperson continued, saying, "The privacy and safety of our employees and our partners is always our top priority. As we move forward, we will focus on what we do best – brewing great beer for everyone and earning our place in moments that matter to our consumers."

The company’s statement came after social media users slammed Mulvaney for playing the victim amid the controversy, which has seen Anheuser-Busch lose $20 million in market cap value since the advert. On her Instagram video post where she complained about being deserted by the company, several trolls piped in with harsh comments. "That something on your chest is called a guilty conscience bc you are living a lie," a user wrote. "Dylan, please stop it," a second user said while the third fumed "You profited from this shit so stop acting victim. Bud is dying bcuz of it."

Tags news