Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Megan Hilty says she 'would fall to the floor' if Meryl Streep contacted her about 'Death Becomes Her' musical

2023-12-03 02:57
'I don't know her and I can't imagine that she has any time to reach out to me,' Megan Hilty said referring to Meryl Streep
Megan Hilty says she 'would fall to the floor' if Meryl Streep contacted her about 'Death Becomes Her' musical

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Megan Hilty is gearing up to embrace the iconic character Madeline Ashton played by Merryl Streep in the upcoming 'Death Becomes Her' musical based on the 1992 cult classic.

Speaking to People, the 'Smash' star shared her excitement about the film and the challenges of stepping into the shoes of the character of the Academy winner.

Megan Hilty says she 'would fall to the floor' if Meryl Streep reached out to her

Hilty admitted that she has not had any direct contact with Streep as she said, "I don't know her and I can't imagine that she has any time to reach out to me."

"But I'm sure that they're aware that this is happening," she asked. The 42-year-old actress further talked about how she would react if the 'Devil Wears Prada' actress reached out to her.

"I would fall to the floor. I don't know if I'd be able to take it," she admitted. The 'Death Becomes Her' musical, announced in September, is scheduled for a pre-Broadway run at the Cadillac Palace Theatre in Chicago in 2024 from April 30 to June 2.

In the musical directed and choreographed by Christopher Gattelli, Hilty will be joined by Jennifer Simard who will be playing her frenemy Helen Sharp, originally portrayed by Goldie Hawn in the 1992 film.

Megan Hilty says she is 'excited' about her musical project

Hilty who has earned a Tony nomination for the play 'Noises Off' is "excited" to return to the stage in 2024. Speaking about working with the cast and crew of the musical project, the mother of two said, "We did a workshop this summer, and it's really excellent," she said, adding "It's good enough to uproot my entire family and move them across the country for a year."

"Madeline Ashton is such a delightful part, and they've written such incredible songs for me to sing," said Hilty.

"What I love is that in general, not just for my character, but for everything, they made such smart changes in adapting it to the stage,' she added.

"They didn't just pluck it from the movie and set it on stage. It really is crafted for the theater, and there's such wonderful Easter eggs in it for people who love the film," she continued.

"It's just enough that it gives everybody what they want and remember from the film, but it also breathes a whole new, different kind of life into the story," Hilty further explained.

Tags news