Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Are Gayle King and Michelle Obama friends? 'CBS Mornings' host hangs out with former FLOTUS over the weekend

2023-08-21 13:15
Obama and King are not just industry friends who have ended up with each other for the sake of celebrity appearances and other demands
Are Gayle King and Michelle Obama friends? 'CBS Mornings' host hangs out with former FLOTUS over the weekend

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: 'CBS Mornings' host Gayle King has been close with not just celebrities within Hollywood but much beyond that.

She has spent decades in the industry working as part of different talk shows at different levels. It only makes sense that she was exposed to interactions with so many of them.

One of the many friendships that King has been able to sustain after over 40 years as a central part of Hollywood is with the former FLOTUS Michelle Obama herself.

Recently, the talk show host was revealed to have spent the weekend with Obama. But their friendship is nothing new and goes way back.

Are Michelle Obama and Gayle King friends?

Obama and King are not just industry friends who have ended up with each other for the sake of celebrity appearances and other demands.

They are actually as close as any other set of friends. King is one of the few close people Obama has had over on her 'Michelle Obama: The Light Podcast' to host an episode.

In the episode, the former First Lady revealed details about the relationship between herself and the CBS host.

"Now, Gayle and I go way back," Obama had shared, "We met right around the time Barack was elected, and these days she and I are always texting about one thing or another."

The two women have intertwined lives to the point that they are well-acquainted with each other's family members.

"I actually knitted a little gift for her adorable new grandson," Obama added on the podcast, "One of my favorite things about Gayle is how supportive she is. She's always hyping me up. I'm sure some of you have someone like her in your life too, and doesn't it just mean the world when you have someone in your life who is always cheering you on?"

King has, on multiple occasions, interviewed Obama, including for her own show on CBS.

Gayle King and Michelle Obama share weekend plans

In a recent post made by 'O, The Oprah Daily' where King works as an editor-at-large, it was revealed that the talk show host had spent some time with Obama over the weekend.

The picture was black and white and was taken on the site of a vineyard. The caption for the post said, "Summer memories 🤍 @gayleking got to hang out with our forever FLOTUS @michelleobama, @dnice, and @michele__norris in Martha’s Vineyard on Saturday! Who did you create memories with this weekend? Let us know in the comments below."

The picture also featured DJ D-nice and journalist Michele Norris.

Tags news epcelebs