Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Jake Paul all charged up to take on Canelo Alvarez: 'We're closer than we think'

2023-11-21 12:58
Jake Paul wants to fight Canelo Alvarez, one of the top fighters in the world right now, and he is preparing hard for this challenge
Jake Paul all charged up to take on Canelo Alvarez: 'We're closer than we think'

CLEVELAND, OHIO: YouTuber-turned-boxer, Jake Paul, is determined to get his dream match against Canelo Alvarez, one of the top fighters in the world right now.

The Mexican is obviously against YouTube boxing, but Paul is adamant that this match will take place. The influencer has stated several times that he wants to take on Canelo Alvarez, one of the greatest names in boxing. In fact, Paul appears to be preparing dedicatedly for this battle.

Jake Paul's take on fighting Canelo Alvarez

"Canelo has shown and said in interviews, he's expressed interest in it. So, I think we're closer than we think," Paul told 'The MMA Hour'.

He added, "It's weird to even say that now, when like three or two years ago I said that, I believed it from day one, but everybody else was like, 'Who the f**k is this kid? Shut this kid up,' but now it's pretty real."

Jake Paul will return to the ring on December 15 against Andre August, a little-known fighter with a 10-1-1 record who is guaranteed to put up a fight against the YouTuber, despite his defeat to Tommy Fury in February and after his victory over Nate Diaz in August.

Although the four-division champion has stated that he has other professional aspirations, Jake Paul is determined to take on serious challenges and he wouldn't fully rule out a bout with Canelo. Noteworthy, Jake, 26, is seven years younger than the Mexican.

"I think the path I'm on now prepares me in the future to fight Canelo. I'm even showing him that I can fight ten or 12 rounds and I've done it with real legitimate professional boxers and I beat them. So, when I beat these guys in the next year or two and I keep raising the level of competition, I think against Canelo it becomes a really interesting fight," Paul added.

Internet reacts to Jake Paul's decision to fight Canelo Alvarez

Paul posted a post on his Instagram account with the caption, "Logan fought Floyd and one day I will fight Canelo and show the world why I’m the greatest sports story ever. See you soon Saul. Manifestation is real."

Fans on the Internet have reacted to Jake Paul's decision to take on Canelo Alvarez. A user commented on the post, "Can’t beat tommy fury but thinks he can fight canelo hahahah."

Another person said, "Make sure to add your funeral in that contract... Canelo gonna get murder charge."

A user said, "Someone wake Jake up he’s dreaming."

Another said, "Y’all better stop disrespecting Jake like he ain’t a serious fighter ima laugh when he wins."

Tags news