Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Did Rami Malek and Lucy Boynton break up? 'Bohemian Rhapsody' co-stars spark speculation after not being seen together for months

2023-07-23 16:52
Rami Malek and Lucy Boynton, who met on the sets of 'Bohemian Rhapsody' were last spotted together in public at the BAFTA Awards
Did Rami Malek and Lucy Boynton break up? 'Bohemian Rhapsody' co-stars spark speculation after not being seen together for months

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: After not being seen together for a while now, speculations are afloat about, Rami Malek, 42, and Lucy Boynton, 29, alleged break up after being in a relationship for five years. The Hollywood couple met on the set of the 2018 film, 'Bohemian Rhapsody', leading to their romance. Malek has not been seen with Boynton publicly since attending the London BAFTA Awards in February, as per Daily Mail.

In June, Malek and Boynton have been spotted in public a few times but never together. Last week, the 'Mr Robot' actor was seen spending time with 'Mamma Mia' actor Dominic Cooper and 'The Marvelous Mrs Maisel' star Rachel Broshanan, who is married to American actor Jason Ralph. Boynton did not accompany Malek on the outing at the pub in Notting Hill, London. However, the 'Sing Street' actress was spotted alone in a match at Wimbledon. This further fueled the rumors of their split, as they are known to have attended the tournament together in the last few years.

Rami Malek allegedly spends time with an unidentified blonde woman

During Bruce Springsteen’s July 8 concert at Hyde Park in London, Malek was spotted having a deep conversation with 'The Crown' star Emma Corrin. The actor was also seen with an unidentified blonde woman en route to the concert, as per Page Six. Moreover, he even spent an evening with a blonde female friend, with whom he apparently was talking about some split, and voiced his desire to renovate his house, as reported by the celebrity gossip channel Deuxmoi.

Notably, Malek played the character of Freddie Mercury in 'Bohemian Rhapsody', which earned him an Oscar, while Boynton played the Queen vocalist's partner Mary Austin. The duo met during the filming and eventually fell in love. Malek has always been extremely private about his relationships, as the actor said, "I had an interview recently where I was asked such crude and candid questions about my relationship. It kind of forced me to pull way back [from the public eye]," to The Cut in 2019.

'They’ve been broken up for a little bit'

The Internet didn't shy away from speculating about Malek and Boynton's alleged split. One Twitter user wrote, "Did rami malek and lucy boynton seriously break up??? because i am not in the mood for terrible news."

A Reddit thread posted almost a week ago on the r/Fauxmoi subreddit discussed the rumored breakup of the couple. A user commented, "I’ve heard from friends in the industry it’s true and they’ve been broken up for a little bit. not a while ago, but not totally recent either," while someone else noted, "In the pictures we got of her at Wimbledon, she was hanging out with friends. When they went last year, we got pictures of them together. Not that they have to be together 24/7, but." "It should be against the law to breakup if you were once costars. Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams also come to mind. I'm too heavily invested," quipped one fan, while a concerned netizen wrote, "Is it me, or is listening to people having a private conversation and airing it out gross? People have a right to privacy, even if they are a celebrity."