Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Dolly Parton expresses gratitude to fans as 'Rockstar' achieves highest Billboard chart position ever

2023-11-28 07:56
The album secured her No. 3 spot on the Billboard 200 charts
Dolly Parton expresses gratitude to fans as 'Rockstar' achieves highest Billboard chart position ever

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: At the age of 77, Dolly Parton continues to break records in the music industry as the release of her 49th album 'Rockstar' marked her highest-charting album ever.

The album secured her No. 3 spot on the Billboard 200 charts. Parton had previously climbed to the No. 6 spot on the charts and had only achieved two top 10 titles, reported People.

Dolly Parton calls new record a 'big thrill'

Expressing her excitement about the new record, Parton stated, "Wow, this is a big thrill!"

Expressing gratitude to her fans for contributing to her achievement, she remarked, "I owe a thank you to the fans who have always been there for me. Their support made this achievement possible."

"I’d also like to thank my producer Kent Wells, and all the wonderful artists, musicians, and engineers who brought their talents to this project," she added.

The Grammy winner singer reached the top 10 of the Billboard 200 charts with her collaborative album 'Trio' alongside Emmylou Harris and Linda Ronstadt in 1987.

She then returned to the top 10 in 2014 with the release of her solo album 'Blue Smoke.'

Dolly Parton's 'Rockstar' is her biggest sales week in 30 years

As per a press release, 'Rockstar' marks Parton's most significant sales week in three decades and her most substantial debut week to date.

The solo album has received impressive rankings across various Billboard charts including, No. 1 on Billboard Top Rock Albums, Billboard Top Current Album Sales, Billboard Independent Albums charts, Billboard Top Country Albums, Billboard Top Album Sales, and Billboard Top Rock & Alternative Albums.

It has also earned #2 on Billboard Tastemaker Albums and No. 2 on Billboard Vinyl Albums charts.

On November 17, the country legend released 'Rockstar,' a 30-track set that features a blend of covers and original songs.

The album also features collaborations with music legends such as Elton John, Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, Melissa Etheridge, Pink, Sting, and Brandi Carlile.

This achievement comes a year after Parton was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Speaking to People in 2022, the 'Seven Bridges Road' singer credited herself and her 57-year-old husband Carl Thomas Dean as the inspiration behind creating a rock album.

"I'm doing the rock 'n' roll album because of him. I had often thought about doing a rock 'n' roll album for him with his favorite songs," Parton said at the time.

"And so when this all came about, I decided that I am gonna go ahead and do it. … It was just the perfect storm. OK, it's time," she added.

Tags news