Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Emmy-winning journalist Lauren Sanchez gets engaged to Jeff Bezos after nearly five years of dating

2023-05-23 04:54
Lauren Sanchez and Jeff Bezos are currently attending Cannes Film Festival in South of France where they have been partying with A-list celebrities
Emmy-winning journalist Lauren Sanchez gets engaged to Jeff Bezos after nearly five years of dating

CANNES, FRANCE: Emmy-winning journalist Lauren Sanchez, 53, and 59-year-old co-founder of Amazon Jeff Bezos are engaged. They are currently attending the Cannes Film Festival in the South of France where they have been partying with A-list celebrities.

The pair is staying aboard Bezos's $500 million yacht with a mermaid that resembles Sanchez gracing the prow, as per Page Six. The couple has been inseparable since 2019 after Bezos ended his 25-year marriage with ex-wife MacKenzie Scott. The billionaire shares four children with Scott. Mackenzie received $37 billion in the divorce and donated half to good cause.

READ MORE

Jeff Bezos and GF Lauren Sanchez exude winter glamor as they walk hand-in-hand while luxury shopping

'The Golden Door': Lauren Sanchez’s debut movie in chaos after directors quit and crew bailed

'Yes, everyone knows you are brilliant'

The former co-host of 'Good Day LA' was divorcing Patrick Whitesell, her husband of 13 years, at the same time. Sanchez has two children with Patrick in addition to a son from a prior union with Tony Gonzalez, a former NFL star. "If I had one wish for you on this 58th time around the sun, it would be that the world will see you through my eyes," Sanchez wrote in a heartfelt birthday tribute to Bezos. "Yes, everyone knows you are brilliant, but they don't always see your heart the way my eyes do."

The media personality continued, "They don’t see the man who puts everything aside to help a sick friend, but my eyes do. They don’t see the man who wakes up early every morning to make breakfast for the children so they can laugh and talk about life and science and how to make this world a better place—my eyes do. They don’t see the man who wants everyone to feel joy, who’s heart is immeasurable and who’s ability to love is infinite.”

'He makes me laugh all the time. He can be goofy'

Sanchez even has plans to go to space and told WSJ, "He’s really funny. He makes me laugh all the time. He can be goofy.” Since giving up his role as CEO of Amazon in 2021, Bezos has shifted his focus to conservation and his space-exploring company named Blue Origin. The pair is also dedicated to the Bezos Earth Fund which aims to fight climate change. Sanchez co-chairs it.

Bezos has revealed to give away most of the $124 billion fortune

Back in November, Bezos, in a joint CNN interview, said he is going to give away most of his $124 billion fortune. "The hard part is figuring out how to do it in a levered way," he said adding, "Building Amazon was not easy. It took a lot of hard work, a bunch of very smart teammates, hard-working teammates, and I'm finding — and I think Lauren is finding the same thing — that charity, philanthropy, is very similar."

In the same interview, Sanchez told the host "They make a really great team, however, we can be kind of boring," as she breaks into laughter, to which Bezos replied, "Never boring." Prior to them both getting engaged, there were rumors that the pair were set to marry due to speculations of a heart-shaped ring Sanchez reportedly wears.