Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Who is Kevin Brennan? Former 'SNL' writer feels the Internet's wrath after 'hahaha' reaction to Matthew Perry's death

2023-10-30 16:16
Comedian Kevin Brenna's post on Matthew Perry's death angered the actor's fans
Who is Kevin Brennan? Former 'SNL' writer feels the Internet's wrath after 'hahaha' reaction to Matthew Perry's death

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Comedian and former ‘Saturday Night Live’ writer Kevin Brennan outraged an entire fandom through his reaction to Matthew Perry’s death.

Brennan, who was once a rising comic in the ‘90s/early 2000s, reacted to the beloved ‘FRIENDS’ actor’s death in a fashion that rubbed the fans the wrong way.

Citing TMZ’s article on the ‘Fools Rush In’ actor’s death, Brennan, 63, wrote, “DROWNED IN A HOT TUB. HAHAHAHA.”

The news outlet picked up his post and strongly condemned his wording on Perry’s death. The comedian, who is predominantly known for his work on ‘Saturday Night Live’s Weekend Update’ in 1999 and 2000, made a follow-up post where he referred to the late actor as a “junkie” in passing.

Brennan wrote again, "I didn’t mock it. I just thought it was funny. But I do love it when junkies die."

Fans slam Kevin Brennan for 'trying to get another 15 minutes of fame'

Fans did not like Brennan's take on Perry's death and called out the insensitive comment online.

One of them said, "Definition of a pathetic attempt to get attention right here. I didn't know you existed until today and I can see why. Going to go forget about you now.. my life will be better for it."

Someone else asked, "How could you even fathom to say something like that."

Another commented, "Just trying to get another 15 minutes of fame which won't happen."

"My sincere hope is that no one who loves you ever has to read anything like this said about you," remarked another.

"Imagine having to write something negative about someone of significance just to feel relevant," castigated another outraged fan.

"No wonder I had no idea who you were until the comment got picked up. At least people actually knew who he was," remarked someone else.

Another fan urged, "Please delete this and have respect for his family , friends and fans … R.I.P. Mathew Perry."

More on Kevin Brennan

Brennan is an American comedian with a few notable achievements to his credit. Born on May 2, 1960, Brennan rose to fame with his writing job for 'Saturday Night Live's Weekend Update' in 1999 and 2000.

He is currently the host of a podcast named 'Misery Loves Company' and regularly posts about current affairs.

He was also voted the Best Comedian at the 2005 Aspen Comedy Festival and was featured in the cross-Canada 'Just for Laughs' comedy tour in 2007.

Brennan is known for doing occasional stints and stand-up performances now.

Brennan is also the sibling of the Comedy Central series 'Chappelle's Show with Dave Chappelle' co-creator and co-writer Neal Brennan. However, the two brothers are allegedly estranged from each other.

Tags news