Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

How tall is Mike Tyson? Former World Heavyweight Boxing Champion once called himself ‘dwarf’

2023-08-24 17:57
Even though Mike Tyson’s height was shorter than many of his rivals, he still managed to become the youngest heavyweight champion at the age of 20
How tall is Mike Tyson? Former World Heavyweight Boxing Champion once called himself ‘dwarf’

LAS VEGAS, NEVADA: Mike Tyson's height is 5 ft 10 in (177 cm), as per Celeb Heights. The boxing legend confirmed his height in 2005, apparently saying, "I measured myself as 5 ft 10 in....I'm a f*****g dwarf!"

Later, in 2013, he doubled down on his claims and stated, "I'm only a small guy, I'm five foot ten," as Mike Tyson’s height was significantly less than most other boxers during his peak time.

Irrespective of his height, Mike Tyson, widely regarded as the "Iron Mike," dominated the realm of boxing through the 1980s and 1990s with a ferocious fighting style.

Tyson won 26 of his first 28 fights by TKO despite being relatively shorter than his giant opponents such as Evander Holyfield and Mitch Green.

Mike Tyson's height compared to peers and rivals

Mike Tyson’s height was shorter than many of his rivals, but he still managed to become the youngest heavyweight champion at just 20 years old due to his agility, ferocious strength, and "peek-a-boo" fighting style, which was taught to him by a mentor.

Tyson was only 18 when he made his professional debut in 1985. Apparently, his fighting style led to him being compared with Mohammad Ali, who had a height of 6 ft 3 in (191 cm), making him taller than Mike Tyson.

'The Hangover' star unarguably appeared short when paralleled with opponents like Evander Holyfield (6 ft or 187cm), Mitch Green (6 ft 5 in or 196 cm), Buster Douglas (6 ft 3 in or 192 cm), and Michael Spinks (6 ft 2 in or 189 cm).

Mike Tyson is just an inch shorter than Jake Paul, who has a height of 5 ft 11 (184 cm). The duo is known for having a good relationship, with Tyson often complimenting Paul on his fighting prowess.

Mike Tyson's height was never a disadvantage for him

Even though fans were always curious about Mike Tyson’s height, they never perceived it as a disadvantage as he often knocked down his taller opponents with just one hook.

During a 1986 interview with Dick Cavett, Mike Tyson explained why he didn’t think his height was a problem, saying, "Well, like I said before, it’s all psychological."

Tyson added, "If you believe that a guy—everyone always says, ‘This guy has an advantage, a seven-inch reach advantage, four-inch height advantage.’ No one ever says he has a four-inch height disadvantage."

Further in the interview, Mike Tyson revealed how he used his short height to his advantage. "I’m a much taller guy, and to hit you, I’m more adjusted to throwing my punch like this," said the boxing legend as he threw a punch over Cavett’s head.

"If you’re calm and relaxed enough, you could watch, and you could see everything. And you could watch every twitch of his muscles. But you have to have the confidence and the relaxation," expressed Tyson.

What is Mike Tyson's net worth?

In addition to Mike Tyson’s height, fans are also intrigued to know about the fortune that he made over the years, and his current wealth is $10 million, as per Celebrity Net Worth.

The amount doesn't justify the amount of money Iron Mike was worth during his boxing heyday. As per reports, Tyson lost a massive chunk of his net worth when he spent his money on elite luxuries.

Not only did he own big, expensive houses and other accommodations all around the globe, but he also bought exotic cars. At one point, he even had a white tiger, which reportedly cost him $71,000.