Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Where does Sheryl Crow live? Singer trolled for slamming Jason Aldean's reference to violence in 'small towns' in his song

2023-07-19 19:28
Jason Aldean's song 'Try That In a Small Town' highlights how he and his small-town friends would respond if someone tried to take their guns
Where does Sheryl Crow live? Singer trolled for slamming Jason Aldean's reference to violence in 'small towns' in his song

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Sheryl Crow is calling out Jason Aldean for his song and video 'Try That In a Small Town', which has been accused of 'promoting violence'. The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame-inducted artist did not hold back in a social media post, suggesting that Aldean should know better and insinuating that the song's lyrics are "promoting violence." She tagged Aldean's account to ensure her message reaches him directly and highlights the concerns raised by the public.

In the song, country artist Jason Aldean addresses the topic of gun ownership and how he and his friends from a small town would react if someone attempted to take their guns. In response to that, Crow tweeted, "@Jason_Aldean I’m from a small town. Even people in small towns are sick of violence.There’s nothing small-town or American about promoting violence. You should know that better than anyone having survived a mass shooting. This is not American or small town-like. It’s just lame."

Where does Sheryl Crow live?

Sheryl Crow currently lives in a 50-acre compound in Nashville, Tennessee. However, she originally grew up in Kennett, Missouri, before making her mark in the music industry and achieving global fame as a singer-songwriter. Kennett is a quaint and charming small town with a rich history and a close-knit community. Located in the southeastern part of the state, Kennett is known for its picturesque landscapes, friendly locals, and southern hospitality. The town takes pride in its agricultural heritage, with farming playing a significant role in the local economy.

'Jason’s song is about the hurt so many of us feel'

However, Crow faced backlash and trolling after she criticized Aldean's reference to violence in "small towns" in his song. One user wrote on Twitter, "Sounds to me like @Jason_Aldean does know better than anyone, having survived a mass shooting himself, the importance of guns." Another said, "Doesnt sound like promoting "violence". Sounds more like protecting the ones you love and i support that 100 percent!" While a third added, "I write poems; the words just come to you especially when you’re hurting over something. Jason’s song is about the hurt so many of us feel about the current violence that seems to be encouraged by the current administration. I say the song puts it mildly."

"Sheryl he's saying if you carjack an old lady, sucker punch somebody, rob a store in a small town, a regular citizen might stand up for the victims. Why do you stand behind the people who attack old ladies, sucker punch people and rob stores instead of the ones who would protect?" asked one, while another added, "I grew up in a very small town - population 3,500 or so. I now live in Las Vegas. For Aldean to write and perform a song like this when people were both injured and killed at his concert here is egregious. Ask any Vegas resident. We all know someone who was there."

Tags news