Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Fans give thumbs down to Justin Timberlake's collab with BTS' Jungkook on ‘3D’ remix as shadow of Britney Spears scandal hangs heavy

2023-11-24 21:28
Online debate was sparked by BTS's Jungkook's unique collab with Justin Timberlake in the wake of the bombshells in Britney Spears' memoir
Fans give thumbs down to Justin Timberlake's collab with BTS' Jungkook on ‘3D’ remix as shadow of Britney Spears scandal hangs heavy

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Big Hit Entertainment announced on November 23 that Justin Timberlake and BTS's Jungkook would be working together on a remix of his second digital single, '3D'.

The song '3D', which initially featured Jack Harlow, was made available in September 2023 as the follow-up to BTS' Jungkook's first studio album, 'Golden'.

However, there are ongoing conflicting opinions about this one new remix on the internet, which is igniting debate and enthusiasm at the same time.

The recent commotion between Britney Spears and Timberlake caused concern for several people on the Internet, leading to a lot of criticism aimed at HYBE Labels for okaying the collab.

Jungkook previously collaborated on a remix of the song with American DJ MK and AG Cook, per NME.

New '3D' remix features a brand-new verse by Justin Timberlake

Timberlake contributes a brand-new verse to the remix and is credited as co-writer on the revised version of '3D'.

He sings, "Now let me fly you out to Seoul, Korea / I just wanna get into your soul like Aretha / I got the volume when you wanna get the beat up."

The new Timberlake remix "enhances the 2000s vibe of the old school sound of the original version, infusing it with a retro charm," according to a statement released by Jungkook's label, Big Hit Music.

The special remix will be released on November 24, at midnight KST.

Upon the debut of Jungkook's '3D' music video in September 2023, which featured Jack Harlow, fans were quick to compare the golden maknae to Justin Timberlake.

Several fans experienced flashbacks to Timberlake's 'Justified' album and the 2000s, from the music video's setting and Jungkook's voice to the dance and his charisma. They even affectionately referred to him as the American singer's "kid."

Jungkook had earlier acknowledged that the American singer was one of his musical influences in an interview.

Justin Timberlake-BTS' Jungkook collab ignites debate

In keeping with its trademark flair, Big Hit gave its fans an update on November 23 with the new remix of Jungkook's '3D' featuring none other than the "once-a-pop prince," Justin Timberlake.

Some fans, however, are not happy about the news because they view Timberlake as "extremely problematic" in light of his recent scandals.

An X (formerly Twitter) user compiled an extensive list of contentious Timberlake events in a post on the social media platform.

These episodes include claims that he assisted Spears with her abortion and that he spread falsehoods about her to radio hosts in order to profit from them.

Another X user wrote, "I had no clue justin timberlake was problematic until today but my question is, if the fandom knew, why did y’all hype up the 3D x JB agenda so much?"

"I’m pretty sure that’s the main reason hybe did it. 40% of the tweets the day 3D was released were abt JB…." the post continued.

One more concerned individual wrote, "3D honestly didn’t need another remix, much less from another problematic white dude like Justin Timberlake. If you want to promote 3D, I suggest an extended remix with another verse and JUST Jungkook."

Another X user listed points why Timberlake should be a cause of concern, writing: "Justin Timberlake: red flag support Israeli Zionists something he did to britney spears Army u can stream the original 3D version better than the 3D remix Please, don't support the work of people who support genocide"

"Misogynist JT has used Britney and Janet in the past. Now he's using JK to stay afloat," slammed another X user.

Fans were over the moon with BTS' latest '3D' collab with Justin Timberlake

Citing Timberlake's prior collaborations, some contended that Jungkook's decision to work together might have been made before the incident.

Excited fans speculated that this would be the final album from the golden maknae since the agency had just revealed he had started his necessary military service.

Another group is thrilled that the Korean idol is finally working with Timberlake, his biggest musical inspiration, and wants to support the singer's upcoming album.

As a result, many fans are also responding very positively to the BTS member's impending release of the '3D' Remix featuring Timberlake.

One such excited fan wrote on X: "Love this so much more than the Jack Harlow version though the Alt version with just JK is still my fav"

A second one exclaimed, "First we had world renowned DJs hopping on Jungkook's hit songs for a remix. now he got 2000's pop icon jt?? jungkook you really made it"

Quoting Jungkook's admission to Timberlake as an influencer, another X user wrote, "Q: when you were a kid, who was your biggest musical inspiration? Jungkook: Justin Timberlake! from jungkook being a fan to them having a song together"

"JUNGKOOK & JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE!!????. THIS IS NOT DREAM RIGHT!???" another excited fan added.

Tags news