Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Disappointed fans call out Kelly Clarkson's 'bad choice' as 'The Voice' coach saves D Smooth

2023-05-09 11:16
Seeing Kelly Clarkson eliminate Cait Martin and Neil Salsich, 'The Voice' fans are not happy that the coach saved D Smooth
Disappointed fans call out Kelly Clarkson's 'bad choice' as 'The Voice' coach saves D Smooth

UNIVERSAL CITY, CALIFORNIA: We have got the right semifinalists for 'The Voice' Season 23. In 'The Playoffs Part 2', we saw Kelly Clarkson's singers D Smooth and Holly Brand advancing to the next episode. Indeed, both will be seen competing with six other top-notch singers in the semifinals.

Smooth has been loved by the fans from the start of the season. Being really "smooth" on the stage, the NBC singer made the audience go in awe as he sang 'Location' by Khalid Robinson. Mixing perfectly with the high and soft notes, Smooth's performance has a continuous cheering of the fans. But, was he the right choice?

RELATED ARTICLES

'It's time to use my voice': 'The Rookie' star Afton Williamson quits show over sexual assault and discrimination during Season 1

'The Voice' 2023 Playoff: Fans claim Grace West should get CMA Awards as she advances to semi-finale

D Smooth moves ahead in the semifinals round

Smooth ended his song in the most dramatic way, sitting on the stage towards the end. The singer made Kelly stand up and give a one-minute-long clap. Chance the Rapper called Smooth's performance "insane." He added, "There is a lot of improv in it. You started making your own song." He added, "I can picture you in front of hundreds and thousands of fans screaming while you do your little improv. I see the vision."

Blake Shelton said, "I don't know that anybody's ever lived up to their name quite like you man." Niall Horan claimed that Smooth's performance was something that can not be done a second time. Kelly praised her teammate claiming that he sings differently every time. She added, "It's almost like your song. It's a very rare thing." Kelly finally went ahead with choosing Smooth for the 'Live Semifinals Top 8 Performances' episode.

'Disappointed with choice of D Smooth'

Smooth seems to have won over the coaches. But many fans were not happy. A user tweeted, "@kellyclarkson #TheVoice disappointed with your choice of D Smooth." Another called out the coach saying, "Bad choices..." Seeing Kelly eliminate Cait Martin and go ahead with Smooth, a fan wrote, "@kellyclarkson #TheVoice your nuts not to take cait." A fan of Neil Salsich claimed, "Kelly...I really think you made a mistake in not advancing Neil and saving D. Smooth. Chance has a better singer almost in the same genre. Ray. Neil could have won for your team. I wish Blake had kept him. He was a 4 chair turn."

'The Voice' Season 23 releases new episodes every Monday at 8 pm ET on NBC.

This article contains remarks made on the Internet by individual people and organizations. MEAWW cannot confirm them independently and does not support claims or opinions being made online.