Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Charli XCX wants Addison Rae to DJ at her wedding as 'Boys' singer admires TikTok star's music taste

2023-09-02 19:28
In an interview, Charli XCX opened up about her admiration toward Addison Rae's sense of music choices for parties
Charli XCX wants Addison Rae to DJ at her wedding as 'Boys' singer admires TikTok star's music taste

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Charlotte Emma Aitchison aka Charli XCX, a British singer, songwriter, and music artist who gained recognition in the music industry for her unique blend of pop, electropop, and synth-pop music, recently opened up about her admiration for Addison Rae's music taste.

Charli, whose notable songs include 'Boom Clap', 'Break the Rules', '1999', 'Vroom Vroom', has collaborated with well-known artists in the music industry, including Troye Sivan, BTS, and Rita Ora.

Charli XCX's profound love for Addison Rae and her DJing Skills

In a delightful fusion of talents spanning generations, Addison Rae, the TikTok sensation, joined forces with the seasoned 31-year-old pop star Charli XCX to collaborate on the "2 Die 4," featured on the 'AR' EP.

In an exclusive interview with Vogue, Charli and Rae bared their soul, expressing the profound affection they have for each other and their talents.

Rae shared the depth of her admiration and gratitude toward Charli, saying, "I’ve looked up to Charli forever, and to have her as part of this means so much, as she’s been supportive of me all the way. She’s always been excited about my music."

On the other hand, Charli revealed, "She was like no one I'd ever met really. Not jaded. Not faking. Not uncomfortable. Not trying to be anything other than herself," about Rae.

She went on to highlight Rae's innate talent as a DJ, describing the magnetic effect of her music choices at parties. Charli's even playfully mused, "If I ever get married, I would definitely ask Addison Rae to be my wedding DJ," in the interview.

Addison Rae recently released her 'AR' EP

Addison Rae is carving out her place in the pop music scene with the release of her debut EP, 'AR', which hit the airwaves on Friday, August 18. The EP features a mesmerizing pop ballad titled '2 Die 4', a collaborative effort with the acclaimed artist Charli XCX.

Rae's new musical offering is not just a collection of fresh tracks, but also a nod to her past, as it includes songs that were previously leaked from her canceled debut LP.

The EP included 'Nothing On (But the Radio),' a song that was originally a Lady Gaga demo intended for her 2013 album 'ARTPOP', along with tracks like 'I Got It Bad', 'It Couldn't Been U', and 'Obsession', each bearing the TikTok star's distinct musical signature.