Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Who are Matthew McConaughey's children? Actor's sons throw him surprise party after his book becomes New York Times bestseller

2023-09-25 20:58
This happened weeks after his book 'Greenlights', which was released in October 2020, completed 100 weeks on the chart
Who are Matthew McConaughey's children? Actor's sons throw him surprise party after his book becomes New York Times bestseller

AUSTIN, TEXAS: Matthew McConaughey celebrated the second milestone of his literary career, with his children's book 'Just Because' taking the #1 spot in the New York Times bestseller list.

This happened weeks after his book 'Greenlights', which was released in October 2020, completed 100 weeks on the chart. 'Greenlights' had also reached the top of the chart after it was released.

His wife and sons Levi and Livingston threw him a surprise party to celebrate the achievement, clips of which the actor shared on his social media. Matthew shares three children with his wife Camila Alves McConaughey - Levi, 15, Vida, 13, and Livingston, 10.

The celebratory video posted by Matthew McConaughey

The video which the star uploaded on various social media platforms, including Instagram and X, shows him wearing a lavender sweatshirt and tan sweats.

As the actor clapped along, Levi was heard saying "Congratulations!" while Livingston added, "I love you."

"Thank y'all! Y'all were a big inspiration for this book," said the 53-year-old Texas native, hugging his sons. His daughter was not present at the time.

Livingston expressed, "I have a teensy feeling you totally knew this was happening," to which the star insisted that he did not.

Livingston then proceeded to put a green beaded necklace around Matthew's neck after announcing, "Guys, he's being throned, he's being throned!"

The video also features a hand-drawn card of McConaughey holding up a "#1".

"Thank you, guys, thank you very much. It's really cool. I got two books and both of them were number 1 New York Times bestsellers," said Matthew.

"I was hoping for it, but I didn't know, I sure didn't know about the first one," he added.

How did fans react to Matthew McConaughey's celebratory post?

On social media, fans of the writer and actor joined in on the celebration, congratulating him on the success. They mentioned how much they adored the wonderful party put together as wishes came pouring in.

One user commented on Instagram, "OMG....that is the cutest bestest most fun book celebration cookie party I have EVER seen....Congratulations to the kids and Grandma K for pulling this together!!!"

Another fan expressed, "That’s a man being thankful and the Universe returning him more in abundance and incredible sons and achievements. Nice to see people succeed and being happy."

Tags news