Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Who is Chris Carroll? Las Vegas cop who held fatally shot Tupac Shakur in his arms targeted by angry fans

2023-07-24 15:21
Former Las Vegas cop Chris Carroll said conspiracy theorists believe him to be an accomplice in Tupac Shakur's murder
Who is Chris Carroll? Las Vegas cop who held fatally shot Tupac Shakur in his arms targeted by angry fans

LAS VEGAS, NEVADA: Las Vegas police officer Chris Carroll, 58, found himself in a peculiar situation after being the first responder to a homicide case in 1996. Little did he know at that time that he would be falsely linked with the murder case even three decades after the murder. Carroll was one of the first responders who went to the shooting spot after rap legend Tupac Shakur was fatally shot on September 7, 1996, in Las Vegas when he was returning after attending a boxing match at the MGM Grand Hotel.

While the probe into Tupac’s death has seen some development after the home of Keefe D, who has a connection with the Compton Crips, was searched on Monday, July 17, conspiracies regarding the role of Carroll refuse to die down. In a video interview conducted by The Sun, the retired officer said that while the home of Keefe D was searched by the Metro police, he received many messages from conspiracy theorists who believe it was his home that was raided for evidence of murder.

The former lieutenant admits that the fans of the rapper have accused him of being a murder accomplice or even helping him escape the country. Carroll said in the interview, “Somebody asked me if the warrant was served at my house, and I had absolutely no idea what they were talking about,” before adding, “And they're like, what do you mean open the warrant at my house? He goes, ‘well, there's been a warrant served in the Tupac case.”

“And my first thought was, you read some nonsense on the internet - I said ‘that didn't happen. I'll talk to you later,'” he continued before adding, “And somebody else called and asked if the warrant was at my house. And I thought that was peculiar.” His nightmare didn’t end there as he shared, “And then shortly thereafter, my dad sent me a text asking me if the warrant was served at my house."

“And then I was like, okay, ‘what the heck is going on?' So then I got on the computer and saw that there was in fact a warrant served and it was not at my house."

Carroll said that after raiding the home of Keefe D, uncle of the prime suspect in Tupac’s death, Orlando Anderson, Metro police obtained manuscripts, computers, phones, and several .40-caliber bullets. Previously, in his 2019 book ‘Compton Street Legends’, Keefe D admitted being in the same car with Tupac’s shooter when the shots were fired.

Who is Chris Carroll?

Chris Carroll is a former Las Vegas police officer who was one of the first responders after the homicide of Tupac. He held the ‘All Eyez on Me’ rapper after the gunshots fatally wounded him on September 7, 1996. In an interview with 125esimastrada, Carroll detailed the experience of holding Tupac as he was struggling even to breathe.

He shared the experience: "When I opened the door he was slumped against it on the inside. So he sort of poured out into my arm and I set him down to the pavement. He was still breathing and conscious but he was in very bad shape,” before adding, “He was covered in blood and I could see he had been hit multiple times.”

However, the ex officer noted that Tupac could still make eye contact with Suge Knight, but could not continue doing so for long. “He was making eye contact with Suge and he was squirming. He was trying to yell back to Suge, but he couldn’t do it.” Due to the huge blood loss, the ‘Changes’ crooner’s body finally slumped, as Carroll said, “After a short time he physically gave up, stopped squirming and went into a resting position. I asked him several times who shot him, and what happened. He gave no response until he got enough of a breath together to tell me 'F**k You'.”

'We've got a new huge development'

In the video, as reported by The Sun, Carroll admitted that he has been haunted by Tupac’s fans for allegations that are untrue. While some conspiracy theorists believe that officer Carroll was an accomplice to Tupac’s murder, some believe Tupac is still alive and has fled the country with Carroll aiding him with the flight. Carroll said, “This thing kind of took on a life of its own on the internet. Either I was part of the murder or I hid him, or I moved him to another country,” before adding, ”All ridiculous stuff. But when people get to talking, the story gets rolling and it kind of takes on a life of its own.”

Carroll said that even though Keefe D has been identified as the person on the police warrant, conspiracy theorists will never agree that the police officer has nothing to do with Tupac’s death. He said, “I got to tell you, I don't think it's going to change anything.”

“The people that are convinced he's still alive are going to say he's still alive. And this isn't going to change many of their minds," continued Carroll, before adding, “I've talked to a lot of these people and there's just no convincing him that Tupac is dead. No matter what kind of evidence you throw at him, they don't want to believe it.“

He added that he is no longer surprised and doesn't expect anything better. “I've kind of reached a point where it doesn't surprise me a lot anymore because it just keeps coming now,” he said, adding, “Now certainly I didn't expect something this significant to happen.”

However, he admitted, "This is the biggest deal to come along. But it seems to be the case that's not going away and I've kind of learned to accept it at this point,” while adding, “So here we've got a new huge development. So things are going to be hot for a while for sure.”