Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

What advice did Tony Bennett give to Lady Gaga? 'Poker Face' singer wanted to quit her music career

2023-07-22 04:20
'If you help an artist, it doesn't give you the right, once the artist is big, to take advantage of them,' Lady Gaga said of her low phase in industry
What advice did Tony Bennett give to Lady Gaga? 'Poker Face' singer wanted to quit her music career

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: For many, it was an unusual pair when Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga collaborated and released their first album in 2014. The ‘Just Dance’ singer, though, continued to create songs together with the legendary pop singer. The ‘Body and Soul’ crooner who died on Friday morning, July 21, gave her advice while she was struggling and doubted her music career. It eventually made Gaga, whose real name is Stefani Germanotta, to hang on and the rest is history.

In an interview for ‘60 Minutes,’ she acknowledged Bennett's incredible devotion to the music, and how despite being diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease he sings and ‘comes alive.' "When that music comes on (SNAP), it's-- something happens to him. He knows exactly what he's doing. And what's important for me, actually, just to make sure that I don't get in the way of that."

What advice did Tony Bennett give to Lady Gaga?

Lady Gaga reached out to Tony Bennett when she wanted to end her music career and the pop singer ‘saved’ her from making a blunder. She told during a promotional event of her album along with Bennett, "Six months ago, I didn't even want to sing anymore." The latter told her, "Do you know what Duke Ellington said? He said, 'Number one, don't quit. Number two, listen to number one,'" as per CBS News.

Gaga added, "Right! The other day, Tony said, 'I've ­never once in my career not wanted to do this.' It stung. Six months ago I didn't feel that way. I tell Tony every day that he saved my life."

'I was so sad. I couldn't sleep. I felt dead'

It seems the actor-singer was having a hard time carrying the pressure of the music industry. "I'm not going to say any names, but people get irrational when it comes to ­money—with how they treat you, with what they expect from you," she told Parade Magazine then. "But if you help an artist, it doesn't give you the right, once the artist is big, to take advantage of them. I was so sad. I couldn't sleep. I felt dead. And then I spent a lot of time with Tony. He wanted nothing but my friendship and my voice."

Bennett held Gaga's hand and said during their interview, "I understand. It meant a lot to me, Tony. I don't have many people I can relate to," she said.

The duo released their second album together, ‘Love for Sale’ in 2021.