Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

What is the Groucho Club? 'Innocent' Kevin Spacey celebrated with friends at exclusive venue after meet-and-greet with jurors

2023-07-30 14:46
Jurors waited outside the courthouse in hopes of meeting Kevin Spacey, with one reporter even describing the encounter as a 'meet and greet' event
What is the Groucho Club? 'Innocent' Kevin Spacey celebrated with friends at exclusive venue after meet-and-greet with jurors

LONDON, ENGLAND: Members of a Crown Court jury were allegedly taken to meet actor Kevin Spacey and shook hands with him after clearing him of sexually assaulting four men. The actor reportedly expressed his gratitude to the jurors following the trial at Southwark Crown Court.

Reports suggest that around half a dozen jurors waited outside the courthouse in hopes of meeting Spacey, with one journalist even describing the encounter as a "meet and greet" event. Notably, Spacey celebrated his 64th birthday with a not-guilty verdict and was later spotted enjoying whisky with friends at a private members club in London.

What is the Groucho Club?

The Groucho Club is a prestigious private members club located in Soho, London. Originally established in the 1980s by a group of mostly women publishers as an alternative to traditional gentlemen's clubs, The Groucho Club has since become a renowned haven for people in the arts, literature, and media industries. With its celebrated restaurants and bars, exclusive member services, event and party room hire, and unique bedrooms, the club offers a refuge for bohemian spirits in the vibrant heart of London's West End.

Spacey was seen enjoying whisky with approximately seven friends at The Groucho Club on the night the verdict was delivered. A witness told Page Six, "He looked very proud" and "was sitting by the entrance for everyone to see." "He spent the evening nursing a whisky. They didn't sing Happy Birthday but everyone seemed in good spirits," the source said. Spacey reportedly left the club at around midnight. He used an umbrella to shield himself from the rain as he departed the private members' spot in Soho.

'I am humbled by the outcome today'

Spacey was acquitted of sexually assaulting four men at the conclusion of his high-profile trial on Friday. The actor thanked the jury, his legal team, and his close friend Lowenstein for their unwavering support, on the courthouse steps, after the verdicts were announced. He said, "I imagine that many of you can understand that there's a lot for me to process after what has just happened today. But I would like to say that I'm enormously grateful to the jury for having taken the time to examine all of the evidence and all of the facts, carefully, before they reached their decision. I am humbled by the outcome today. I also want to thank the staff inside this courthouse, the security, my legal team and Evan Lowenstein for being here every day," per Daily Mail.

According to reports, approximately six members of the jury waited outside the courthouse in the hope of meeting Spacey after the trial. One journalist even described the situation as a "meet and greet" opportunity with the actor. The actor appeared to be weeping and thanking the jurors during this encounter. The scene was described as resembling Spacey greeting his fans on the red carpet, and one court reporter stated that he had never witnessed anything like it before.

Tags news epcelebs