Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

What happened to Shanna Moakler's father? Travis Barker's daughter Alabama trolled for flaunting curves online after grandfather's death

2023-08-12 11:24
Seven months after losing her mother, Shanna Moakler took to social media to mourn the death of her father
What happened to Shanna Moakler's father? Travis Barker's daughter Alabama trolled for flaunting curves online after grandfather's death

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Shanna Moakler is in mourning for her father, John W Moakler III.

At the same time, the internet is busy mocking her 17-year-old daughter, Alabama Barker, for maintaining a consistent online presence while the family is grieving.

Prior to his death, John had experienced various health issues. A source informed People in April 2021 that John "had a stroke" and was "in the hospital in intensive care."

"He has COVID on top of that, and doctors have told them he will never walk again," claimed the source, adding that Shanna was "distraught."

In June, the television star paid homage to her father in an emotional Father's Day post on Instagram.

Shanna proclaimed herself "lucky" to be his daughter with a black-and-white photo of the two, presumably dancing on her wedding night, and counted down the days till their reunion.

She captioned the post, "Love you @drjohnmoakler you are the most amazing man and father, I wish so badly I could be by your side. Couple more weeks... how lucky I am to have you as a dad..."

What happened to Shanna Moakler's father?

Shanna is mourning the death of her father John only seven months after her mother's death. The former Miss USA used her Instagram account to pay poignant homage to her father.

Shanna posted a series of images on Friday, August 11, one of which showed her in a bridal gown alongside her father.

"It's with great sadness to share the passing of my dad, the only solace is knowing he is with my beautiful mother," the 48-year-old captioned the photo.

She added, "I am so thankful I got to have as many years with my parents as I did, and to have the time I had these last weeks with him."

Travis Barker's ex-wife went on to praise her father, adding, "My father was an amazing husband, doctor and father he was more than anyone could ask for."

She continued, "I will hold tight to the incredible life both my parents provided for me and the love and strength they instilled in me. The unwavering support at times when I didn't deserve it."

I love you dad and my world will never be the same without you in it. I appreciate all those who have reached out and sent messages of support," Shanna said at the end of her tribute, adding, "Godspeed."

The former pageant queen did not reveal any other information about her father's death or what caused it.

'Show some respect'

While Shanna took to Instagram to grieve her father, her teen daughter, Alabama chose to post a series of photos of herself flaunting her curves in a green dress as she parties with Jodie Woods.

In the caption she wrote, "I always keep it pretty I’m flawless." Her father replied in the comment section, stating, "You really are 💕."

On the other hand, some followers didn't seem to like the timing of the post from the teen. One person commented, "Your grandfather just died… show some respect."

Another person chimed in, saying, "Seriously. What a kardashian move." A third user quipped, "She’s obviously super upset..can’t you tell? 😂."

One user wrote while tagging the teen girl, "You’re just like your mother. #dobetter." Another person dubbed the post "satire."

Alabama also clapped right back at the trolls as she replied to the first comment, saying, "You are nobody to tell me how to handle a passing in my family, you don’t know me or my situation, your input was never asked for, do better."

Tags news