Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Maya Vander opens up about welcoming baby girl Emma Reign born two years after losing her son at 38 weeks

2023-06-15 01:17
Maya Vander underwent extensive monitoring to ensure the well-being of both herself and the baby
Maya Vander opens up about welcoming baby girl Emma Reign born two years after losing her son at 38 weeks

MIAMI, FLORIDA: Selling Sunset alum Maya Vander spoke about welcoming her 'miracle baby' Emma Reign with her husband David two years after losing her son Mason at 38 weeks in 2021. Vander shared she chose to keep the latest pregnancy news private after experiencing a devastating loss and the emotional journey she had gone through.

"I didn't know how this pregnancy would go and things obviously happen, I learned, unfortunately," Vander told People. For this pregnancy, she underwent extensive monitoring to ensure the well-being of both herself and the baby.

'I decided to just keep it quiet mostly'

She added, "I decided to just keep it quiet mostly, I didn't want to do just anything and I wanted to just make sure everything is going well and the baby's healthy and the delivery is healthy and everything is fine before going public about it all." Despite suspicions from her followers as she posted recent real estate videos, Vander waited until she felt ready to make the reveal. "It was just the right decision for me at the time."

Despite minor symptoms of fatigue and low energy in the beginning, she felt healthy and took care of herself through exercise and a balanced diet. "I felt healthy, I worked out. I ate well and besides minor symptoms like fatigue and low energy in the beginning, and feeling ready to have the baby at the end, it was great."

When I lost my son Mason I was mentally prepared to have three kids

Vander said that after losing her son she wanted to get pregnant again. "When I lost my son Mason I was mentally prepared to have three kids, and it was very difficult for me to just let go of that." Even though she says people joke about her being pregnant all the time, the three kids she has didn't come easy for her. "People also joke to me that, 'Maya is always pregnant' but I say I'm 41 years old. I was pregnant technically seven times between miscarriages and unfortunately the stillbirth, which is really the next level of a loss, and I have three kids to show for it," she explained to People.

'People think it's crazy'

Besides Emma, Vendar has a daughter Elle, 3, and a son Aiden 4. "I knew that once I lost my son that I wanted to get pregnant as soon as I can. People think it's crazy but again, it's really easy to judge from the outside..." For Vendra losing Mason was a "big hole in my heart which I still have that hole but I feel like with my third baby now, I just have a better experience in the hospital, a better ending, and I'm happy. I wanted three kids and now it's completed, and I'm very thankful."

'She's also such a good baby'

With "very, very sweet" Emma's arrival which Vendar says has been a "breeze" Vendar feels that her family is "now complete and it put me a little bit more at ease after last year’s loss." She loves waking up and feeding her. She's also such a good baby. She eats every three, or four hours, so I get my sleep. I get my rest. I enjoy cuddling with her. I have little children, but you forget how small they are when they are born. She was still very little compared to my other kids." Vendar even reveals that she would have liked to go for the fourth baby had she known it was not going to be another miscarriage or a stillbirth.

Tags news