Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Who is America Ferrera's husband? 'Barbie' actress unveils her guilty pleasure that she 'regrets' sharing

2023-07-21 17:50
America Ferrera, who plays Mattel employee Gloria in 'Barbie', says she is happy to portray a human rather than a doll
Who is America Ferrera's husband? 'Barbie' actress unveils her guilty pleasure that she 'regrets' sharing

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: America Ferrera, who stars in 'Barbie', recently shared about her hilarious guilty pleasure that she might later regret sharing. Ferrera, 39, said in a Vanity Fair interview on Wednesday, July 19, "My guilty pleasure would be … I'm going to really regret saying this … It's not showering for a few days." 'Barbie' co-stars Margot Robbie, Kate McKinnon, and Issa Rae, as well as the film's director Greta Gerwig, joined Ferrera, 39, in the interview.

The cast made several educated guesses before Ferrera revealed her private passion. The 39-year-old Gerwig remarked, "Oh, I bet a massage or something?" Rae, 38, enquired if it involved "being away from her children." But the response was "not showering," which came as a surprise as Robbie said, "I would never have expected that."

Who is America Ferrera's husband?

Ferrera and Ryan Piers Williams have been married for almost 15 years. After dating for five years, the filmmaker and the 'Barbie' star got engaged in June 2010. The pair tied the knot in June the following year in Chappaqua, New York, at the home of Vanessa Williams, another 'Ugly Betty' co-star. The couple welcomed a son named Sebastian in 2018, and a girl named Lucia in 2020. Even though they don't discuss much about their children, the couple regularly expresses their love for each other online.

Williams and Ferrera first crossed paths in 2005, when he was casting his first movie following graduate school and she was a first-year undergraduate at the University of Southern California. The short video, called 'Muertas', explores the continuous killings of women and young girls in Juarez, Mexico, as reported by People.

'I didn’t want to be one of the Barbies'

However, speaking about 'Barbie', Ferrera, who plays Gloria, a real-life Mattel worker, in the forthcoming summer blockbuster, reportedly said she was happy to portray a human in the Barbie movie rather than a doll. She explained in a Tuesday, July 18, interview with Digital Spy, "I didn’t want to be one of the Barbies, that wouldn’t have been as compelling to me." She added, "To me, the message of this movie is that there is no one standard of beauty, there’s no right way to be beautiful, one right way to smart, one right way to be even Barbie. We can embrace ourselves uniquely and celebrate that.”