Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

This Taylor Swift '1989 (Taylor's Version)' Vault track was teased a decade ago

2023-10-27 20:20
With the release of '1989 (Taylor's Version)' today, comes five 'From the Vault' tracks for Swifties to enjoy - but there is one vault song in particular that was teased nearly 10 years ago. (We're talking before the original '1989' was released). The second of the five vault tracks called "Say Don't Go," was written by Swift and legendary songwriter Diane Warren and the heartfelt pop track has been a hit with Swifties. Warren has written some of the biggest hits in music for other notable female artists such as Cher, Beyoncé, Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston. In January 2014, Warren herself spoke to Billboard about collaborating with Swift on a "great song,” adding that she was “excited" about it. When the interviewer commented on the fact Swift had said the songs for 1989 had come along quicker than expected, Warren replied: "Yeah I have no idea... I have no idea what she [Swift] has done but I'm excited about the one [song] that we did it's pretty cool." Though when October 27 rolled around that year, the collaboration didn't feature on the album. Luckily for us, this “pretty cool” track finally got to see the light of day. Of course, Swifties are praising both Swift and Warren about "Say Don't Go." Taylor Swift's '1989 (Taylor's Version)' is out now. How to join the indy100's free WhatsApp channel Sign up to our free Indy100 weekly newsletter Have your say in our news democracy. Click the upvote icon at the top of the page to help raise this article through the indy100 rankings.
This Taylor Swift '1989 (Taylor's Version)' Vault track was teased a decade ago

With the release of '1989 (Taylor's Version)' today, comes five 'From the Vault' tracks for Swifties to enjoy - but there is one vault song in particular that was teased nearly 10 years ago.

(We're talking before the original '1989' was released).

The second of the five vault tracks called "Say Don't Go," was written by Swift and legendary songwriter Diane Warren and the heartfelt pop track has been a hit with Swifties.

Warren has written some of the biggest hits in music for other notable female artists such as Cher, Beyoncé, Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston.

In January 2014, Warren herself spoke to Billboard about collaborating with Swift on a "great song,” adding that she was “excited" about it.

When the interviewer commented on the fact Swift had said the songs for 1989 had come along quicker than expected, Warren replied: "Yeah I have no idea... I have no idea what she [Swift] has done but I'm excited about the one [song] that we did it's pretty cool."

Though when October 27 rolled around that year, the collaboration didn't feature on the album.

Luckily for us, this “pretty cool” track finally got to see the light of day.

Of course, Swifties are praising both Swift and Warren about "Say Don't Go."

Taylor Swift's '1989 (Taylor's Version)' is out now.

How to join the indy100's free WhatsApp channel

Have your say in our news democracy. Click the upvote icon at the top of the page to help raise this article through the indy100 rankings.

Tags showbiz