Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'Worst that can happen is I leave': Miley Cyrus reveals she met drummer BF Maxx Morando on blind date

2023-05-19 12:18
Miley Cyrus and Maxx Morando were seen and photographed getting close backstage during the singer's NBC special 'Miley's New Year's Eve Party'
'Worst that can happen is I leave': Miley Cyrus reveals she met drummer BF Maxx Morando on blind date

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Miley Cyrus has detailed meeting her boyfriend Maxx Morando on a blind date. Morando is a musician, who plays drums for the band Liily. 30-year-old Cyrus was first seen hanging out with Morando, 24, in November 2021 at the Gucci "Love Parade" fashion show in Los Angeles.

"Well, it was blind for me and not really for him," Cyrus said in an interview with British Vogue. "I thought, 'The worst that can happen is I leave.'" Morando and Cyrus were seen and photographed getting close backstage one month after the fashion show during the 'Flower' singer's NBC special 'Miley's New Year's Eve Party'.

READ MORE

Miley Cyrus fans slam NY Mag's 'nepo-baby' label, claim dad Billy Ray is a 'nepo-daddy'!

‘Happiest she's ever been': Miley Cyrus has moved on from 'toxic' marriage to ex Liam Hemsworth

The two made another public appearance together in March 2023 at the Versace show in Los Angeles. She shared a photo of them at Cyrus' 'Endless Summer Vacation' album the same month.

Cyrus was earlier married to Chris Hemsworth after they met on the set of Nicholas Sparks’ 'The Last Song'. The two had an on-and-off relationship. They were engaged in 2012 but called it off, breaking up. They re-engaged in 2017 and tied the knot in 2018, and announced their split less than a year later in 2019.

Who is Maxx Morando?

Besides being a drummer, Morando also plays the guitar. He has collaborated with Cyrus to produce two of her songs, 'Handstand’ and ‘Violet Chemistry'. The songs are from the 'Flower' singer's album 'Endless Summer Vacation'. In September 2021, Cyrus claimed that Morando contributed cartoon designs on a custom vegan leather set by designer Shane Kastl. The same month, Cyrus wore that for a performance that month.

“This look is a one-of-a-kind collaboration between two of my favorite emerging artists, Maxx Morando and Shane Kastl,” Cyrus said in an interview. “Their collaboration is the perfect example of sustainability becoming the next fashion phase, and it proves that anything can be reinvented, which resonates with me deeply.”

'I realize how harshly I was judged'

In the interview, Cyrus also spoke about her journey from child stardom through the present day. She said she felt guilty about moments throughout her career when she was blasted or when she received backlash. "I carried some guilt and shame around myself for years because of how much controversy and upset I really caused," she said.

"Now that I'm an adult, I realize how harshly I was judged," she continued. "I was harshly judged as a child by adults and now, as an adult, I realize that I would never harshly judge a child."

The singer also opened up about how she was treated by the media as she transitioned into adulthood. She recalled how a publication issued a story about her acne with the headline, 'A Breakout Year!' "Like who thought that I was not a person who would be hurt by that? Like I was clearly a 20-year-old girl," she said. "Sure, at 20 I was like every 20-year-old. You think you're grown, but now I'm like, 'Oh, no, I was fully a kid.'"

Tags news epcelebs