Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Chris Hemsworth puts daughter India's childhood first, says 'there's plenty of time' to join Hollywood

2023-06-21 20:28
Chris Hemsworth proudly shared how his daughter India Rose enjoyed her role in 'Thor: Love and Thunder' and met the demands of production
Chris Hemsworth puts daughter India's childhood first, says 'there's plenty of time' to join Hollywood

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Chris Hemsworth recently opened up about his daughter India Rose, discussing their shared experience of working together in the film 'Thor: Love and Thunder'. India, 11, stole the show as a young Asgardian in the 2022 Marvel movie.

While Hemsworth cherished the opportunity to share the screen with his daughter, he expressed his desire for her to enjoy a normal childhood before considering a career in acting. Despite being proud of India's debut, Hemsworth wants her to experience the joys of a typical upbringing before potentially diving into the whirlwind world of Hollywood.

'I want her to have a childhood'

Hemsworth, 39, recently told, "That was originally supposed to be just a super-quick little moment in the film, and then the character expanded due to the story changing," to ET, adding, "I said, 'Oh, do you want to do some dialog in the film?' And she's like, 'Yeah, cool!'." The actor couldn't contain his excitement as he gushed about his daughter's professionalism on the set of the Marvel blockbuster. He proudly shared how she thoroughly enjoyed her role as a young Asgardian and seamlessly embraced the demands of the production.

"[India] was a pro and loved it," the actor stated, adding, "But I want her to have a childhood, and I think so does she." Hemsworth explained, "I said, 'There's plenty of time, sweetie. Go to school, horse ride, have fun, be a kid.' Because once the train moves, it's pretty hard to get off, and you miss a lot of things."

'My kids love it'

Hemsworth and his wife Elsa Pataky share three children, including their twin sons Sasha and Tristan, who recently turned nine. Both boys also had the exciting opportunity to be part of 'Thor: Love and Thunder' with one of them portraying a young Thor. "My kids love it, my kids love it," the actor told People, before adding, "My kids were there on set a lot to see this stuff. And they wanted to jump in front of the camera and participate."

Moreover, the 'Avengers' star opened up in a candid interview with Vanity Fair about the challenges he faced in balancing his thriving career and his strong desire to be an involved and present father to his three children. "Doing an episode on death and facing your own mortality made me go, 'Oh God, I'm not ready to go yet'," he told the magazine. Hemsworth also expressed his desire "to sit and be in this space with a greater sense of stillness and gratitude," in the interview.

"And then you start talking about kids and family and going, ‘Oh my God, they're getting older. They're growing up and I keep slapping another movie on top of another movie'," he stated, adding, "Before you know it, they're 18 and they've moved out of the house, and I missed the window," expressing his desire to spend more time with his children.