Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Anthony Anderson opens up about keeping his mom Doris Bowman off 'all the young men' during their vacation: 'My mom's a big freak'

2023-06-20 04:55
'There wasn’t enough food on the spoon for my mother to be happy. She went to her room and ordered room service,' said Anthony Anderson
Anthony Anderson opens up about keeping his mom Doris Bowman off 'all the young men' during their vacation: 'My mom's a big freak'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Anthony Anderson, 52, finally had a much-needed vacation after 27 years of relentless work, which included the spectacular eight-season run of 'Black-ish'. He and his mother, the actress Doris Bowman, planned a six-week trip to Europe for an unforgettable experience.

Due to his busy schedule, Anderson told People he had never taken a long vacation. But he jokingly admitted that their laughter-filled journey would present unexpected challenges for Anderson as he tried to keep his mother, who he affectionately describes as a "big freak," away from the attention of "young men."

'There wasn’t enough food on the spoon for my mother to be happy'

Their trip to Europe, which was documented for the new reality series 'Trippin' With Anthony Anderson and Mama Doris', which premieres on E!, brought them through England, France, and Italy. Anderson and Bowman enjoyed a variety of events along the road, including walking the catwalk during African Fashion Week, learning proper dining manners, and even giving skeet shooting a shot.

Bowman enjoyed the Margherita pizza while experiencing European cuisine, but she expressed her displeasure with the limited food quantity provided at restaurants with Michelin stars. She was dissatisfied with the small portions of her dish and decided to get room service instead, the report noted. “There wasn’t enough food on the spoon for my mother to be happy. She went to her room and ordered room service," said Anderson.

'My mom's a big freak'

Nevertheless, there were other humorous parts of their vacation apart from the food. Anderson tells the amusing story of his struggles to keep his mother away from "all the young men" they encountered while strolling through various cities. He shared, "My mom's a big freak, so watch yourself." He further claimed that his mother unabashedly "ogled men in every city." He added, "It was like, 'All right, you tough guys, I’m not going to call you 'Dad,' but that’s my mom!'"

'She wouldn’t just tell them, she would scream at them'

Bowman made sure that everyone was aware of who her son was even as Anderson garnered praise from admirers globally. Whether they were asking for directions or pointing Anderson's way toward the Eiffel Tower, she would yell at them with passion rather than just informing them that he is her son. “My mother made sure they recognized me,” he said before adding “She wouldn’t just tell them, she would scream at them. They could be people asking for directions or pointing in my direction at the Eiffel Tower, and my mama would be like, ‘That’s my baby!'"

Tags news