Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Johnny Depp featured in trailer for 2023 Karlovy Vary film festival during opening ceremony

2023-07-02 05:51
In the trailer, Johnny Depp is seen with a guitar case in hand, as he enters the Hotel Gellert in Budapest
Johnny Depp featured in trailer for 2023 Karlovy Vary film festival during opening ceremony

KARLOVY VARY, CZECH REPUBLIC: Johnny Depp surprised many after he appeared in the trailer of the ongoing Karlovy Vary Film Festival. The ‘What’s Eating Gilbert Grapes’ star in the trailer is seen with a guitar case in hand, as he enters the Hotel Gellert in Budapest. He’s asked a ‘personal question’ about why he ‘didn’t receive an award the last time he was at the festival. Depp responds, "We're here to talk about music, really," and then pulls the trophy out of his case. The trailer was directed by Ivan Zacharias, in which he jokes about his appearance in 2021, at this festival. The ‘Cry-Baby’ actor then presented two movies he produced, ‘Crock of Gold: A Few Rounds With Shane MacGowan,’ and ‘Minamata.’

“Right at the start of the shoot he told me that he would prefer to improvise,” Zacharias said about Depp's role in the trailer. "I was initially a bit taken aback, but it turned out to be a great idea since Johnny ended up putting even more of his own personality into the trailer,” he added, as reported by The Hollywood Reporter. “When we were done, he still wanted to chat even though a plane was waiting for him. The event's executive director Krystof Mucha earlier teased fans about the trailer with Johnny Depp, "[It] turned out great. Two years ago, Johnny Depp received an immensely warm welcome from audiences and fans, thanks to which he has become a great supporter of ours,” he said before adding “And so he agreed to film a trailer even though we were limited by his packed schedule. The trailer turned out great, and I am convinced that Johnny Depp will one day return to Vary in person.”

Last month, Depp’s defamation case trial against ex-Amber Heard concluded. Depp won all three counts of defamation and was awarded $10.5 million in damages. However, Heard was also awarded $2 million in damages for winning three counterclaims, reports People.

Recently, Heard posted on Instagram after almost six months. She is spotted sitting on stage at the 69th Taormina Film Festival in Italy. The 37-year-old star was there to promote her movie, ‘In The Fire'.

'Thank you for such an incredibly warm reception'

"Thank you for such an incredibly warm reception at the Taormina Film Festival for my latest movie In the Fire. It was an unforgettable weekend. #InTheFire," Heard captioned the Instagram post.

Conor Allyn, the director of the film praised the actress, “Amber has an incredibly bright future ahead. I think In the Fire showcases her talents as an actor. I know this is something she is very proud of and it’s something we are very excited to release to the public."

Other top stars who were featured in the festival trailers previously include Crystal Globe lifetime honorees, such as Helen Mirren, John Malkovich, Mel Gibson, Andy Garcia, Jude Law, Danny DeVito, Milos Forman, and Casey Affleck.

Tags news