Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

How many children does Will Ferrell have? Actor dubbed 'fun dad' as he randomly rolls up to DJ at sons' frat party

2023-10-09 18:24
Several clips showing Will Ferrell DJing at a fraternit party hosted by the University of Southern California went viral
How many children does Will Ferrell have? Actor dubbed 'fun dad' as he randomly rolls up to DJ at sons' frat party

IRVINE, CALIFORNIA: American actor Will Ferrell is a dad to three sons: Magnus, Mattias, and Axel. The comedian first met his wife Viveca Paulin during an acting class in 1995.

They tied the knot in 2000 and welcomed their eldest son, Magnus, in 2004. Their family grew further with the additions of Mattias in 2006 and Axel in 2010.

While Ferrell and Paulin typically keep their sons out of the public eye, the star of 'Anchorman' has occasionally shared stories about his kids, revealing that they've inherited his sense of humor.

Clips of Will Ferrell at DJ booth goes viral

Several clips showing Will Ferrell assuming control of the DJ booth at a fraternity party hosted by the University of Southern California, channeling his iconic character from the popular film 'Old School', went viral on social media.

These videos have gained millions of views, and thousands of fans commented on Ferrell spinning tracks like "Eye of the Tiger" and other beloved party anthems.

A social media user commented, "The only parent that can turn up at his kids party and not be embarrassing".

Another user commented, "I wish my dad was like him".

One user replied, "Cool dad".

"Being Will Ferrells son must be wild," one user wrote

Regarding parenting, especially raising sons, Ferrell has some humorous yet wise advice to offer. In 2008, he shared his fatherly wisdom with PEOPLE, saying, "For me, talk to your children, at least once a week."

He jokingly added: "If you've got time, do it two or three times a week, but otherwise, I find the times where I let weeks and weeks go by without talking to my children, that adds up."

Furthermore, Ferrell advises parents of boys to be prepared for a noisy household. He mentioned to PEOPLE in 2017, "There's typically a high level of noise in the house, whether it's due to their enjoyment or when they're getting a little unruly, they tend to raise their voices."

On a more serious note, Ferrell places the utmost importance on family time.

Prior to the release of his 2015 film 'Daddy's Home', he shared with News.com.au, "As parents, we often feel like we're navigating uncharted waters."

He added, "We may not have all the answers, but as long as there's an abundance of love within the family, it can soften any rough patches. I can definitely relate to that sentiment."

In July 2023, the entire family came out to show their support for Ferrell at the London premiere of his film 'Barbie'. For this special event, Magnus, Mattias, and Axel were all dressed in suits.

Will Ferrell's eldest son Magnus

On March 7, 2004, Ferrell and Paulin welcomed their first child, Magnus. Ferrell explained that they chose a Scandinavian name due to Paulin's Swedish background.

"My wife was born in Sweden and we loved the idea of a Scandinavian name. I've gotten a lot of flack: 'What kind of ego do you have to have to name your child the great one?' That is not it at all," he said.

Magnus, like his dad, has a witty side, as Ferrell shared a funny story about his son wearing borrowed glasses for a yearbook photo during his high school freshman year.

Despite the jests, Ferrell praised Magnus' humor and even encouraged him to repeat such pranks.

As the eldest, Magnus was the first to explore dating, causing some amusing concerns for Ferrell's co-star Mark Wahlberg when he discovered his connection with Wahlberg's daughter on Instagram.

Nonetheless, Wahlberg approved, jokingly noting Magnus' interest in buying knives online.

Magnus is also a music enthusiast, playing the keyboard in a band with friends and sometimes performing with his dad, including a memorable cowbell addition at their first live show in December 2022, reminiscent of Ferrell's iconic 'Saturday Night Live' sketch.

Will Ferrell's middle son Mattias Paulin Ferrell

The couple's second child, their son Mattias, was born on December 30, 2006.

During an appearance on 'The Tonight Show With Jay Leno' in 2007, Ferrell humorously admitted to not knowing the English translation of his son's Swedish name, joking that "Mattias means 'one who eats fire.'" In reality, the name Mattias means "gift of God."

In a Q&A with Amy Poehler on 'CBS This Morning', Ferrell mentioned that his children appear to have inherited his sense of humor, noting a mischievous glint in their eyes.

However, when it comes to his own comedy, Mattias and his brothers can be discerning critics, often preferring straightforward storytelling over his impressions.

In 2018, Ferrell shared with Parade that Mattias had started appreciating his old 'Saturday Night Live' sketches during the sixth grade, finding them fun and entertaining.

Beyond comedy, Mattias has a strong passion for sports. In 2015, Ferrell disclosed to PEOPLE that he and Paulin had taken on coaching roles for Mattias' soccer team when he was eight years old, humorously warning the AYSO Region 76 as they declared, "Here comes the Chargers!"

Ferrell's youngest son Axel Paulin Ferrell

Ferrell and Paulin's youngest child, Axel, was born on January 23, 2010, in Los Angeles. Ferrell has expressed on several occasions that he takes pleasure in playfully embarrassing his children, especially when they've been misbehaving.

"If they've been mouthing off or something, I turn up at dinner wearing just my underpants to warn them," the actor disclosed in a 2017 interview with BANG Showbiz, as reported by the Associated Press.

He jokingly compared parenting boys to running a prison, admitting to occasionally issuing stern directives to his sons amid the chaotic household, noting that there's often too much commotion for detailed explanations.

Axel and his siblings share a strong enthusiasm for Halloween, and they have a tradition of selecting their dad's Halloween costume each year.

"We have a standing tradition that they get to pick out my Halloween costume, no matter what it is," Ferrell said. "I was a poop emoji a couple years ago."

Tags news