Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

How old is Jada Pinkett Smith? Actress rocks vibrant pink hairdo on her birthday

2023-09-20 08:27
Jada Pinkett Smith, who has been candid about her struggle with alopecia, debuted her new hair color as she took to Instagram to post a glowing selfie
How old is Jada Pinkett Smith? Actress rocks vibrant pink hairdo on her birthday

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Jada Pinkett Smith turned 52 and celebrated her birthday with a new pink hairdo on Monday, September 18, 2023.

The 'Bad Moms' actress, who has been candid about her struggle with alopecia, debuted her new hair color as she took to Instagram to post a glowing selfie. She captioned it, "This ain’t nothing but a birthday sherbet surprise within a Virgo sunrise."

Jada Pinkett Smith's battle with alopecia

In 2018, Pinkett Smith opened up about being diagnosed with the autoimmune disorder alopecia. "I’ve been having issues with hair loss," the actress said at the time.

"It was terrifying when it first started. I was in the shower one day and had just handfuls of hair in my hands and I was just like, ‘Oh my God, am I going bald?'", she continued.

"It was one of those times in my life where I was literally shaking in fear," Pinkett Smith added.

In August 2023, Pinkett Smith shared that her hair seemed to be making a comeback as she proudly showed off her hair growth compared to her previous look where she appeared hairless.

"This here hair is acting like it’s trying a make a comeback [sic]. Still have some trouble spots but — we’ll see," Pinkett Smith wrote while sharing two pictures comparing her looks and added, "Slide 1: Past. Slide 2: Present."

She previously made a bold statement with her hair when she debuted a buzzcut in July 2021, a move inspired by her daughter Willow.

"Willow made me do it because it was time to let go but my 50s are bout to be Divinely lit with this shed," she captioned the reposted selfie with her daughter.

Oscars controversy about Jada Pinkett Smith's alopecia

The 'Girls Trip' actress' journey with alopecia came into the public eye following the controversial joke Chris Rock made about her bald head at the 2022 Oscars, according to Page Six.

The comedian, who was hosting the award show, made a thoughtless joke that Pinkett Smith who had a closed-shaved look was ready to star in 'G.I. Jane 2'.

Her husband Will Smith quickly walked to the stage and slapped Rock to defend his wife as he proclaimed, "Leave my wife’s name out of your f*****g mouth."

Pinkett Smith had been open about her hair loss struggles before the dramatic incident at the 2022 Oscars garnered attention worldwide, leading to the Academy's "disciplinary proceedings" against her husband Will Smith.