Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Wynonna Judd reveals she was 'freaking nervous' and 'held on for dear life' during CMA awards performance

2023-11-10 01:49
Wynonna Judd appeared unstable while moving across the stage during the 57th Annual CMA Awards performance, however, her voice sounded fine
Wynonna Judd reveals she was 'freaking nervous' and 'held on for dear life' during CMA awards performance

BRIDGESTONE, NASHVILLE: Wynonna Judd has opened up about her “bizarre” performance at the 2023 CMA Awards, saying she was “freaking nervous” and “held on for dear life” to her duet partner Jelly Roll.

The country star, who lost her mother Naomi Judd to suicide last year, took to TikTok on Thursday, November 9, to explain what happened on stage.

Wynonna Judd had fans concerned after the 2023 CMA Awards performance

Wynonna Judd had fans concerned after the 57th Annual CMA Awards performance as she appeared unstable while moving across the stage, however, her voice sounded fine.

Following the concern and fans speculating different mental and physical issues with her, she responded by posting a video after reading the comments on social media.

@wynonnajuddofficial “Don’t read the comments” they say… #cma ♬ original sound - Wynonna Judd

She said, “I’m just gonna come clean with y’all. I was so freaking nervous,” Judd said in the video.

“I got out there, and I looked at Jelly Roll. I wanted it to be so good for him. I could cry right now, but I’m not going to because I’m such a fan of his, and he asked me to sing, and I said, ‘Absolutely!,’” she added.

Wynonna Judd will be traveling to Texas to continue her 'Back to Wy' Tour

She concluded the post by saying, “...that’s the bottom line,” adding that she would be traveling back to Texas to continue her 'Back to Wy' Tour.

The 59-year-old country musician lost her mother in April 2022 and appeared unsteady and emotional as she sang Jelly Roll’s song 'Need a Favor' with him at the awards show on Wednesday, November 8, night.

She held onto him throughout the performance and seemed to struggle with the lyrics.

Fans expressed their concern for Judd on social media, wondering if she was okay and whether she suffered from "vertigo" and other concerns.

'I have my ups and my downs,' said Wynonna Judd

She told Entertainment Tonight, “I have my ups and my downs, and that’s life."

"I got a little bit overcome and I just said, 'I need some water. I need somebody to hold on to me for a second while I take a deep breath and cry,'" Wynonna said, adding "I just do it because that's the way life is."

Judd previously said she was “angry” over her mother’s suicide and that touring again was “literally, ‘Oh, my Lord.’”

She told the Hollywood Reporter in January, “This is me with a broken heart being as open as I’ll probably ever be, and other people are responding to that in a way that I wasn’t expecting.”

Tags news