Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Kelly Clarkson reveals she left 'The Voice' as she wanted to 'smile' again and stop 'struggling'

2023-10-19 01:27
'I’ve learned a lot about what I’m capable of handling and also what you should not handle,' Kelly Clark
Kelly Clarkson reveals she left 'The Voice' as she wanted to 'smile' again and stop 'struggling'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Kelly Clarkson has opened up on why it is less likely for her to return to 'The Voice' as a judge following her recent relocation to New York.

"I’ve learned a lot about what I’m capable of handling and also what you should not handle. That was me saying 'bye' to The Voice and having this big move,'" said the 'American Idol' winner.

"I love that family, but I was like, 'I’m struggling. I can’t smile anymore. I don’t feel like smiling,'" she said of her time at the show.

Kelly Clarkson thought moving to NYC was a 'horrible decision'

In the interview, Clarkson shared her being doubtful about her decision to move from Los Angeles to New York City.

"I’ll be real honest. I thought I was making a horrible decision," she admitted.

"I knew I needed a fresh start and couldn’t be in LA I really wanted to be in Montana, but you can’t really do a show from there quite yet. So I was like, ‘The only other option would probably be New York,'" she continued.

However, the Grammy Award winner is now excited about her new home a few weeks after she moved in.

"I genuinely love it, and I love that my kids love it," she said of her two children, nine-year-old River Rose, and seven-year-old Remington, whom she shares with her ex-husband Brandon Blackstock.

“At this point, I’m 40 years old. Mama rented something nice! I was like, 'I’m not living here unless it’s right by the park and really nice for the kids,'" she said of her NYC apartment.

Kelly Clarkson's music director says NYC gave them a 'renewed sense of energy'

Jason Halbert, music director for Clarkson also talked about the new location at 30 Rock where they first taped 'The Kelly Clarkson Show.'

"When people go nuts like that, we’re like, 'Oh yeah, she’s a superstar,'" said Halbert.

"Moving to New York has given us all a renewed sense of energy. We can tell Kelly just has this spark in her step right now that’s exciting to see," he added.

Kelly Clarkson praised for her recent dramatic weight loss

During her appearance at the annual 'We Can Survive' concert organized by the broadcast company Audacy, Clarkson garnered praise for her weight loss.

On Monday, October 16, she shared a picture from the show and captioned, "Last night’s look at the @audacy @WeCanSurvive".

Tags news