Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'From Barbie to Ken': Margot Robbie sent Ryan Gosling a pink gift every day while filming Barbie

2023-05-26 22:51
'She left a pink present with a pink bow, from Barbie to Ken, every day while we were filming,' Ryan Gosling said
'From Barbie to Ken': Margot Robbie sent Ryan Gosling a pink gift every day while filming Barbie

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Ryan Gosling has revealed what it was like filming with Margot Robbie on the sets of their upcoming movie, 'Barbie'. He also revealed how she sent him gifts on set daily. In a recent interview, the 'The Notebook' actor explained how he came to know his version of Ken while elaborating about what it was like working alongside Robbie.

"It would be very un-Ken of me to talk about Ken," Gosling initially told to Vogue, later explaining that he found the process of his characterization with the help of Robbie. "She left a pink present with a pink bow, from Barbie to Ken, every day while we were filming. They were all beach-related. Like puka shells, or a sign that says ‘Pray for surf.’ Because Ken’s job is just beach," he continued.

RELATED NEWS

'Barbie' unveils posters for Netflix's 'Sex Education', here are characters who won't return

‘Is the project even finished?’: Fans extremely confused as ‘Barbie’ adds John Cena to its cast list

'She was trying to help Ken understand'

"I’ve never quite figured out what that means. But I felt like she was trying to help Ken understand, through these gifts that she was giving," Gosling said. Robbie reportedly tried the "animal technique" to find her version of Barbie. However, this was not the first time the 32-year-old actress has used this technique in her acting career as she has previously used it in 'Babylon' and 'I,Tonya'. She took on the qualities of an octopus and honey badger for Nellie and a pitbull and mustang for Tonya.

Margot Robbie asks Greta Gerwig for help

Robbie even admitted that she failed to understand who the traditional Barbie was and even applied the flamingo but to no avail. As a result she asked director Greta Gerwig for help, who pointed the actress to an episode of the podcast, 'This American Life', featuring a woman who doesn't know how to be introspective.

It did not take much time for Robbie and Gerwig to doscover "Barbie energy" was someone who was "impossibly beautiful, but you don't hate her for being that beautiful, because she's so genuinely sincere, an she's so enthusiastically kind, that it's almost dorky."

'She’s slowly turning him gay'

Twitter users reacted to the news of Robbie giving Gosling gifts to help him find his character. A user tweeted, "She’s slowly turning him gay." Another wrote, "This is actually sweet when you remember the last “method actor” gifted Margot a rat and used condoms." A third user wrote, "This is the Nice method acting that nobody talks about! So lets!" "She's such a queen, i love her so much," wrote one while another tweeted, "Finally a normal display of method acting."

This article contains remarks made on the Internet by individual people and organizations. MEAWW cannot confirm them independently and does not support claims or opinions being made online.