Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

‘I was so happy!’: When Joe Rogan roasted a female UFC announcer for bland post-fight monologue

2023-06-18 13:28
Joe Rogan and Phil Barony commentated on UFC 42 together and mocked a female sportscaster for her vague remarks about the main and co-main events
‘I was so happy!’: When Joe Rogan roasted a female UFC announcer for bland post-fight monologue

AUSTIN, TEXAS: Joe Rogan has been a commentator for the UFC for many years and his voice has come to be associated with the octagon. Recently, a video of Rogan's commentary from many years ago with former UFC fighter Phil Baroni emerged. In the video, the two are playfully roasting the female UFC commentator for her bland post-fight monologue.

Rogan began his career as a commentator in 1997 but left two years later. He joined back in 2002 and has continued to commentate for the UFC since then. Rogan has also hosted TV shows like 'Fear Factor' and co-hosted 'The Man Show' on Comedy Central.

'I was so happy!'

Rogan and Baroni provided color commentary for UFC 42, which featured two fighters, Matt Hughes and Sean Sherk. Another two martial artists, Robbie Lawler and Pete Spratt, faced off in the co-main event.

According to sportscaster Lisa Dergan, who analyzed the evening's final two fights, "I was actually really happy for Pete. I thought Robbie was gonna do a little [bit] better but that was a really exciting thing. And then Matt Hughes, still the champion and a nice guy. I was happy for him."

Rogan, along with Baroni, roasted Dergan by stating, "Oh my god. I was happy. I was so happy!"

'Hot blonde clueless commentaries'

Following the news that Baroni was arrested for murdering his girlfriend in Mexico earlier this year, some admirers took jabs at him in the comments section. Simultaneously, other fans compared today's female broadcast members to previous generations.

A user wrote, "Hot blonde clueless commentaries > Mid looking too much make up on knowledgeable commentaries;" Another user added, "Lets bring back hot chicks that dont know much vs’ average chics that know what they are talking about." "Man Phil Baroni killed that commentary role! I wonder how he is with the chicks," another person added, while a fourth person commented, "Really makes you appreciate the talent the women bring to the commentary nowadays."