Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Fans claim to know exactly what 'updates' Dwayne Johnson wants to his wax statue in Musée Grévin

2023-10-24 15:59
Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson addressed criticism of his wax statue at the Musée Grévin in Paris by sharing a humorous video by a comedian
Fans claim to know exactly what 'updates' Dwayne Johnson wants to his wax statue in Musée Grévin

PARIS, FRANCE: Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson recently made headlines as he voiced his intention to have "important changes" made to a life-sized wax statue of himself that was unveiled at the Musée Grévin in Paris.

The 'Skyscraper' star, who boasts a massive global fan base, took to social media to express his concerns after the waxwork faced heavy criticism, primarily due to its allegedly lighter skin tone.

However, netizens too have stepped in claiming they know what "updates" the wax statue needs.

The Rock's playful response

Johnson, never one to shy away from a playful moment, broke his silence on the matter through an Instagram post. In a humorous tone, he shared a video by social media comedian James Andre Jefferson Jr, who had a lighthearted take on the controversial waxwork.

Jefferson's commentary humorously critiqued the figure saying, “They turned The Rock into a pebble! It looks like The Rock has never seen the sun a day in his life.” “You make the rock look like David Beckham. It looks like The Rock is going to be a part of the royal family. Did y’all even Google him?”

Jefferson added. “Is this how y’all felt when you lost the Little Mermaid?”

Dwayne Johnson pledge for updates

While Johnson appeared to find amusement in the comedian's take on the wax figure, he also expressed his intention to address the situation with the museum. "I knew my boy @jamesjeffersonj had this Rock wax statue in his roasting crosshairs. Legit belly laughed at this," Johnson captioned the post.

"For the record, I'm going to have my team reach out to our friends at Grevin Museum, in Paris France so we can work at 'updating' my wax figure here with some important details and improvements - starting with my skin color. And next time I'm in Paris, I'll stop in and have a drink with myself," adding a wink emoji, he concluded.

Netizens weigh in on wax statue changes

Internet users have also chimed in, stating that they know of the necessary changes the wax statue should undergo. A user tweeted, "It looks good to me, just too white."

Another mocked, "Looks like a Vin Diesel and Dwayne Johnson love child."

A third tweeted, "To be fair paint can look different when it's dry or different depending on the lighting. But yea that is Mr. Clean not Dwayne Johnson."

"The just need to inject some anabolic steroids into that statue, and it will match up with the real face," read a tweet. "I think the Rock is identified by his smile. Fix that and his complexion…and you’re done," added a user.

Tags news