Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Inside Dwayne Johnson and Vin Diesel's candy a**' feud that changed 'Fast & Furious' movies

2023-05-19 12:57
Although, things haven't been smooth for the 'family', in an Instagram post Vin Diesel extended an olive branch to Dwyane Johnson
Inside Dwayne Johnson and Vin Diesel's candy a**' feud that changed 'Fast & Furious' movies

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: ‘Fast X’ is soon releasing and fans can’t keep calm as the slick franchise is coming to the theaters. However, since Paul Walker's tragic death and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's departure, many fans lament that the 'Fast' franchise is not as complete as it once was.

Johnson joined the ‘Fast & Furious’ franchise during its fifth outing with ‘Fast Five’ in 2011. As he joined the established film series, The Rock turned up a fast friendship with his co-star Vin Diesel. While Diesel’s Dominic Toretto was at loggerheads with Johnson’s Luke Hobbs onscreen, the two megastars became friends in real life. However, things soon turned sour and Johnson left the franchise vowing never to return after the eighth main installment. Nevertheless, the fans of ‘Fast’ series can expect a rocky surprise as the former WWE superstar reportedly appeared in the post-credit scene of the newest release. But the pertinent question remains what caused the feud between the two Hollywood icons?

READ MORE

Who is Vin Diesel's twin brother? Meet Paul Vincent who lives quiet life away from public

Meet Vin Diesel's mom Delora Vincent the amazing woman behind Dominic Toretto

‘My blood is legit boiling’

It all started during the filming of ‘The Fate of the Furious’ when Johnson took to his Instagram to post a now-deleted rant against his male co-stars which started off the very public feud. The ‘Black Adam’ star started by praising his female castmates, “My female co-stars are always amazing, and I love ’em,” as reported by People.

The fellow male stars were, however, not regarded with such high esteem as he wrote, “My male co-stars, however, are a different story.” ‘The Scorpion King’ star explained, “Some conduct themselves as stand-up men and true professionals, while others don’t. The ones that don’t are too chicken s*it to do anything about it anyway. Candy a**es. When you watch this movie next April, and it seems like I’m not acting in some of these scenes, and my blood is legit boiling—you’re right.”

Two days later, Johnson penned down another long note, which (somewhat) mellowed down the previous angry outburst. He wrote, “Family is gonna have differences of opinion and fundamental core beliefs. To me, conflict can be a good thing, when [it’s] followed by great resolution. I was raised on healthy conflict and welcome it,” before adding, “And like any family, we get better from it. At the end of the day me and my F8 co-stars all agree on the most important thing: Delivering an incredible movie to the world,” reports GQ.

‘I’m always rooting for Dwayne’

Almost one year into the public feud, Diesel spoke about his friendship with Johnson, "I don’t think the world really realizes how close we are, in a weird way," before adding about how close he is with Johnson, "I think some things may be blown out of proportion. I don't think that was his intention. I know he appreciates how much I work this franchise. In my house, he’s Uncle Dwayne," as per USA Today.

The producer side of Diesel kicked in when he said, "I protect the franchise. I protect everybody including Dwayne. I protected Dwayne more than he’ll ever know. And it doesn’t matter. He doesn’t have to know. But he appreciates it. He knows it." He further added, "Dwayne has only got one Vin in his life. Dwayne Johnson only has one big brother in this film world and that’s me."

‘It wasn’t my best day’

Following the feud, Johnson didn’t appear in the ninth outing in ‘X9’, and he was replaced with another WWE legend John Cena. However, in a later interview in 2021, the ‘Moana’ star was quoted regretting his decision by saying he doesn’t “share things like that.” “It wasn’t my best day, sharing that. I shouldn’t have shared that. Because at the end of the day, that goes against my DNA. I don’t share things like that. And I take care of that kind of bulls**t away from the public. They don’t need to know that. That’s why I say it wasn’t my best day,” he said as per Vanity Fair.

‘Hobbs can’t be played by no other’

In November 2021, Vin Diesel took to his Instagram to pacify his irate “little brother” and request him to be back in the franchise he said, “My little brother Dwayne... the time has come. The world awaits the finale of Fast 10. As you know, my children refer to you as Uncle Dwayne in my house. There is not a holiday that goes by that they and you don’t send well wishes... but the time has come.”

Continuing further, he said, “Legacy awaits. I told you years ago that I was going to fulfill my promise to Pablo. I swore that we would reach and manifest the best Fast in the finale that is 10! I say this out of love... but you must show up, do not leave the franchise idle you have a very important role to play.” Asking Johnson to come back, Diesel wrote, “Hobbs can’t be played by no other. I hope that you rise to the occasion and fulfill your destiny.”

‘Vin’s recent public post was an example of his manipulation’

During that time, even Vin Diesel’s very public appeal also could break the proverbial ice as Johnson told after a month of Diesel’s post. “I told [Diesel] directly that I would not be returning to the franchise. I was firm yet cordial with my words and said that I would always be supportive of the cast and always root for the franchise to be successful,” before highlighting firmly, “but that there was no chance I would return," as per CNN.

He also said it was part of Diesel’s manipulation, “Vin’s recent public post was an example of his manipulation. I didn’t like that he brought up his children in the post, as well as Paul Walker’s death. Leave them out of it. We had spoken months ago about this and came to a clear understanding.”

Johnson’s return to ‘Fast X’

However, if reports are to be believed, the olive branch was finally accepted as according to The Wrap, Johnson has indeed returned to the franchise and could be seen in a cameo in the post-credit scene of ‘Fast X’.