Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

How did Katharine McPhee and David Foster's nanny die? 'American Idol' alum cancels two shows due to 'horrible family tragedy'

2023-08-12 16:18
Katharine McPhee was in Asia with her husband, David Foster, as part of the David Foster & Friends Asia Tour 2023
How did Katharine McPhee and David Foster's nanny die? 'American Idol' alum cancels two shows due to 'horrible family tragedy'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Katharine McPhee abruptly canceled the remaining dates of her Asia tour with her husband David Foster, reportedly due to the death of their son's nanny.

The couple considered the nanny to be like family and was deeply saddened by the loss, according to TMZ. McPhee initially informed her fans about a "horrible tragedy in their family" that required her immediate return to the US.

The 39-year-old singer, who had been performing in Asia alongside her 73-year-old husband, a 16-time Grammy Award winner, shared the heartbreaking news in a statement on Instagram on Friday, August 11.

How did Katherine McPhee and David Foster's nanny die?

The actress and singer refrained from providing additional information about the incident that led to her sudden withdrawal from the Asia tour.

Sources close to McPhee reportedly revealed to TMZ that the tragedy she mentioned in her statement was the death of her son's nanny.

The identity of the nanny and the cause of her death have not been disclosed to the public yet.

Will Katharine McPhee's Asia tour's remaining shows be canceled?

While McPhee left Asia, Foster is still scheduled to perform the remaining two shows of their tour.

The 'Smash' hitmaker wrote on Instagram, "Dearest Jakarta fans, it's with heavy heart I announce I have to miss our final two shows of our Asia run. David and I have had a horrible tragedy in our family and at least one of us need to get back home to our family."

"Please know how sorry I am and how much I wish to return one day and perform for you all. Love, Katharine," she further wrote.

How many children do Katharine McPhee and David Foster have?

Having tied the knot in 2019, the couple are parents to a two-year-old son, Rennie. McPhee, who is Foster's fifth wife, celebrated their fourth wedding anniversary on June 28.

"I would love to have another baby, but we'll see," the singer-actress revealed to fellow 'American Idol' alum Jennifer Hudson in a clip from 'The Jennifer Hudson Show' posted online.

Foster is also a father to five grown daughters, Sara, 42, Erin, 40, and Jordan, 36, from his second marriage with Rebecca Dyer. He also has daughters Allison, 53, and Amy, 49, from prior relationships.

Tags news epcelebs