Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

How did Harrison Ford get his chin scar? Actor's facial mark got special attention in his movies

2023-06-02 19:46
The veteran actor will soon be seen in ‘Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny’ which will release on June 30
How did Harrison Ford get his chin scar? Actor's facial mark got special attention in his movies

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Harrison Ford does not seem to be in the mood to retire as the icon will soon be creating magic on the screen in the fifth installment of the ‘Indiana Jones’ movie series. The 80-year-old will once again be seen in his titular character of the college professor in ‘Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny’ which will release on June 30.

Like his globe-trotting role in the film series, Ford is not less adventurous in his real life. The veteran actor still flies his own planes despite facing mishaps in the past. He once revealed to The Hollywood Reporter, “My wife does not fly with me in vintage airplanes anymore — she will in others. I certainly don’t want to have to recover from that kind of accident again. It was really hard on my family and it was hard on me.”

“I went back to flying. I know what happened. So that’s part of the reason [I went back]. There was a mechanical issue with the airplane I could not have known about or attended to in any way. So in the words of the great philosopher Jimmy Buffett: Shit happens,” he added. However, there was a time when he failed to safely drive a car.

How did Harrison Ford get his scar?

The accident reportedly happened in 1964 when Ford was driving a car and hit a telephone pole. As a result, the ‘Blade Runner’ star’s face got struck by the steering wheel, leaving an injury mark. He reportedly once shared, “A fast car crash, a real mundane way of earning it,” before blaming it on an “inept emergency surgery”.

However, the result of the crash has been used in several movies of Ford. The 1988 movie ‘Working Girl’ highlighted ‘The Age of Adaline’ actor’s scar. When Melanie Griffith’s character Tess McGill asked Ford’s Jack Trainer about it, he reportedly replied, “I was 19 and I thought it’d be cool to have a pierced ear. My girlfriend stuck the needle through and I heard this pop and fainted and hit my chin on the toilet.”

‘Makeup artists made sure that Alden Ehrenreich’s has the same chin scar’

The 1989’s ‘Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade’ also made a story out of Ford’s injury. The movie showed the young Jones getting hurt while using his whip for the first time after he got it from a lion tamer’s supplies.

Though in ‘Solo: A Star Wars Story’ no direct mention was made of Ford’s facial bruise, Alden Ehrenreich sported the same scar as he played the younger version of Ford’s Han Solo. Star Wars Holocron tweeted in 2019, “Did you know? Makeup artists made sure that Alden Ehrenreich’s Han Solo in /Solo: A Star Wars Story' has the same chin scar as Harrison Ford does in real life and in his performances as Han Solo.”

Tags news epcelebs