Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Megyn Kelly reacts to Britney Spears' memoir, issues stark warning on entertainment industry dangers

2023-10-27 13:28
Britney Spears' memoir 'The Woman in Me' was released on October 24, 2023, and received rave reviews from critics and fans
Megyn Kelly reacts to Britney Spears' memoir, issues stark warning on entertainment industry dangers

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: Former Fox News star Megyn Kelly praised Britney Spears’ new memoir, ‘The Woman in Me’ for imparting life lessons to anyone who is planning to join the entertainment industry soon.

The 52-year-old specifically appealed to the parents “putting their child anywhere close” to the entertainment industry and warned them of the different perils by narrating excerpts from Spears’ memoir.

The Woman in Me’ is a brave and astonishingly moving story about freedom, fame, motherhood, survival, faith, and hope, detailing the bigger aspects of the pop star’s life.

Megyn Kelly calls Britney Spears’ memoir a ‘horror story’

Kelly took some time out on her podcast, ‘The Megyn Kelly Show’ to discuss the recently released memoir of Britney Spears.

Speaking of the book, the former NBC and Fox News star started by stating that parents should be wary of allowing their children to enter the entertainment industry after reading Spears’ memoir.

To make her case, Kelly read a few big excerpts from the book, informing her viewers about all the trials and tribulations that the famous pop star had to endure during her career.

Kelly said, “She lost her virginity when she was 14 years old. She was drinking with her mother starting in the eighth grade. She was taking Adderall like it was candy to get high later on."

She continued about Spears’ drug abuse and her troubled relationship with her father.

Kelly said, “She was taking Lithium which is a very serious drug thanks to her conservatorship and so on. Her dad constantly told her that she wasn’t good enough, that love was not unconditional, and that even as recently as her big tour out in Vegas, her diet was monitored and he always told her she was fat.”

Kelly also mentioned Spears’ troublesome relationship with former boyfriend and singer Justin Timberlake. She claimed, “She had an abortion at age 19 when she was dating Justin Timberlake even though she didn’t want to.”

Kelly was shaken after reading it all out and gasped, “It’s a horror story. It’s a string of horror stories.”

Britney Spears’ fans agree with Megyn Kelly’s interpretation of her memoir

Hardcore fans of the pop star were completely on board with Kelly’s interpretation of her recently released memoir.

One wrote, “What happened to Britney Spears was absolutely heartbreaking. She was my childhood memory. And just like that, 20 years passed, and her life was ruined by greedy monsters. I will buy the book to support her, she is strong and she will get back on her feet.”

“What they did to that girl is pathetic beyond pathetic. Pure evil for their own gain,” said another.

A user wrote, “I agree, Megyn. Children don't belong anywhere near the entertainment industry. Britney was nothing more than a dancing wallet for her parents and the industry that exploited her. Sick.”

Another agreed, “It's not just the entertainment industry. It's bad parents and parenting.”

Tags news