Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

xQc discusses Dan Clancy's behavior since signing his $100M Kick contract: 'I was given cold shoulder'

2023-10-28 12:16
xQc has expressed dissatisfaction with Twitch's behavior since signing his $100 million Kick contract
xQc discusses Dan Clancy's behavior since signing his $100M Kick contract: 'I was given cold shoulder'

AUSTIN, TEXAS: During his most recent livestream, Felix Lengyel, widely known as, xQc, warned fellow streamer Destiny that Twitch has been ignoring him since signing his $100 million Kick contract.

The former 'Overwatch' star is one of the industry's most well-known streamers, and he currently splits his time between Twitch and Kick.

xQc dissatisfied with Twitch's behavior

xQc discussed Twitch's behavior with him since signing with Kick while discussing Twitch CEO Dan Clancy. He began his statement by warning that it might spark drama.

He stated, "I don't mind saying it, okay? This is going to be drama, and I'll get f**ked for saying it. Um, even though he (Clancy) is the CEO and there are a lot of people under him, a lot of team that work or whatever."

He went on to say, "Ever since the Kick stuff, I was given the cold shoulder a little bit."

The multi-million dollar partnership between xQc and Kick was regarded as a watershed moment in the streaming industry.

His deal with what many considers to be Twitch's major rival may not be exclusive, but it helped put the relatively new platform on the map.

Despite the controversy surrounding gambling on stream and Kick being funded by Stake, the Canadian has been routinely streaming there.

He also streams on Twitch and was invited to TwitchCon in Las Vegas last weekend.

xQc's protest against Twitch management for not providing him with benefits boiled down to how he was previously granted a plus one's ticket fee and lodging.

He explained to Destiny, "A lot of plus ones disappeared. Like, plus ones to parties, plus ones to Twitch as a whole, flights. Shit's kind of taking off, you know?"

He further added, "On paper, before I got the big Twitch contract, I was getting all of those things. And then I got the big contract, and now that I am not on it anymore..."

Internet criticizes xQc

As soon as xQc's video surfaced the internet, users started reacting to the video sharing their thoughts in the comments section.

On wrote, "This isnt weird.. why should they give you anything when you dont have a contract with you any more? Its like asking for your former employer for payment when you work for the competitor"

Another user criticized xQc, "He is just trying to make everything about himself, clout chasing and all."

Another commentator mocked saying, "I bet he wipes his tears with those millions lmao."

One person added, "Oh no, the poor rich streamer will have to pay his way."

Tags news